Sounds One Time ?

Big, Heavy, Tough, and Beautiful
new reply
redduke
Airman

Sounds One Time ?

Post by redduke »

The cockpit switch sounds work one time only, Turn on the battery switch, click, turn it off, click, turn it on again nothing, the same for the oil cooler and intercooler
switch's. The primer works sometimes, you only get one try on engine starts, energize and engage, if the engine doesn't start the first try no more sounds from the energizer. The position lights must have a short in the wiring sometimes they work. Some of the other lights have problems too. I have tried some of the suggestions in some of the other topics but no luck.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the P-47,accusim and the latest update 04-07-16 two times and still doesn't solve the problem.
I went through all my other A2A aircraft all (11) of them and all the switch sounds work.
Any help appreciated.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Sounds One Time ?

Post by Scott - A2A »

The Accu-Sim P-47 was our (and the industry's) first cockpit with full sound, and it uses an OpenAL sound system.

It sounds to me like there is a driver / hardware issue with the computer. I would make sure you have the latest audio driver and maybe a google search for "OpenAL" and your sound hardware may come up with something. I do recall some hardware did have issues (creative labs?).

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

redduke
Airman

Post by redduke »

Scott

Thank you for your input on this problem. I downloaded and installed the latest drivers for the video card and openAL but the exact same thing is happening.
All the other A2A A/C the sound works fine.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

when you re-do the installation and updater have you deleted the update folder also?

Also did you re-start the system since the driver update?

thanks
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

redduke
Airman

Post by redduke »

Do you mean the folders for the A/C or the video card ? the computer has been restarted.
I haven't deleted any of the folders.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

you will need to delete the update folder for the P-47 after reinstalling or the updater wont run for the aircraft.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

redduke
Airman

Post by redduke »

I uninstalled and reinstalled the P-47, Accusim and the latest update. I deleted the update folder. When in the cockpit of the P-47 I get sounds the battery switch, applying the brakes, primer. magneto switch and intercooler and oil cooler. The sounds of energizing and engaging the starter one time. After that
the only cockpit sounds are the canopy and the engine. If you shut the engine down the only cockpit sound is the canopy and none of the other sounds.

Thank You
Redduke

renaissanceman
Technical Sergeant

Post by renaissanceman »

Hi redduke,

Just to be clear: The update folder should be deleted BEFORE running the updater.

Hope this helps... ;)

Jim
i7-6700K @ 4.0 GHz | ASUS Maximus VIII Formula | 32 GB DDR4 | EVGA GeForce GTX 980TI Classified |
Win 10 Pro 64 | FSX SE | Registered FSUIPC | All Accu-Sim Birds | Accu-Feel v2 | TrackIR5 | AS16 | PRO-ATC/X

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Sounds working once has to be a driver issue - something plays, crashes, then is off.

Do you know what sound hardware you have? On board, creative labs, etc.?

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

redduke
Airman

Post by redduke »

Creative Labs, but why do the sounds work for all the other A/C ?

redduke
Airman

Post by redduke »

I guess I don't get anymore help. :cry:

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Creative Labs, once being a staple company in sound hardware, took a steep dive in quality many years ago. They are now our last choice in sound and should be avoided IMO. There were issues with OpenAL that affected many people on other platforms, including our sound engine, and the issues were never quite resolved. You would be much better off just using on board sound.

It's possible it is something else, but with such a history of sound issues between OpenAL and Creative Labs, this may very well be the issue.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “P-47 Razorback”