Landing gear warning light and fuel gauge

Big, Heavy, Tough, and Beautiful
new reply
francesco.doenz
Staff Sergeant

Landing gear warning light and fuel gauge

Post by francesco.doenz »

Just having fun with this amazing simulation of the P47, my prefered bird, and was wondering if the landing gear warning light should not go on when I throttle completely back while in flight with gear up, as described in the pilots operating manual?

And also wondering if the fuel gauges should not reflect a change of fuel loaded when inflight as to the fuel quantity indicated while on ground, and what is to be expected from the fuel gauges when doing a roll or inverted flight, in my case it does not change?
Looking forward to your inputs and already many thanks!

PM: Found out, most likely accusim "early generation", because with the P51 the landing gear warning light functions, and the fuel gauges react to inverted flight and changes in pitch!

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Landing gear warning light and fuel gauge

Post by Jacques »

Hi Francesco,

The A2A P-47 models a later conversion to the C, D and G models where the gauge in the panel was replaced by a red light which illuminated when the gear was not down and locked.

And, thank you for pointing out that the P-51 fuel gauges react to inverted flight-- obviously I'm spending too much time worrying about the numbers instead of enjoying the flight!!

P-47 is my favorite, also. I hope they consider cracking her open again for a bit of "retro-fitting". Although the P-51 is quite a bit of fun as well!

francesco.doenz
Staff Sergeant

Re: Landing gear warning light and fuel gauge

Post by francesco.doenz »

Well even if it's an" early generation" accusim, yesterday evening I was surprised to see while flying that the speed gauge dropped to zero and understood my pitot tube was frozen, put heat on and there again the speed indicator came back!
Maybe while developing the texan, which is also a radial engine, the accusim of the Jug could benefit of new improvements!?

new reply

Return to “P-47 Razorback”