still my favorite

Big, Heavy, Tough, and Beautiful
dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

still my favorite

Post by dvm »

Even tho the Jug was the first Accu-Sim fighter it is still the most fun to fly. Can't say exactly why but it is just the most appealing of the bunch. It just feels and sounds right. It has become my go to bird. Just did an hour in the Jug flying my home area that I am very familiar with and checking out the accuracy of the roads in Orbx Northern CA and Obx is very good. It is easy to get lost following roads even if you are familiar with the area.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: still my favorite

Post by Scott - A2A »

There are many roads that can lead to the same place. Each Accu-Sim product is, in itself a complete and fully tested product. I also find the Accu-Sim p-47 to be very satisfying to operate and fly.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

Scott,

Thanks for the response Scott. All the accu-sim birds are first class. I am sure that there are others who have a different favorite. I have a pretty cool setup in my opinion and it really adds to the immersion. A good example is I can not only hear the gear doors close but I also can feel it in the seat of my pants. Looking forward to the T-6. Keep up the good work.

Vince

Chunk
Technical Sergeant

Post by Chunk »

It's my favorite of the warbirds as well, Vince.

withpaperwings
Airman

Post by withpaperwings »

Was my favourite in Aces over Europe way back in the DOS days. Will put the Accusim version on my to do list

Sent from my RAZR M using Tapatalk

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

Part of the appeal for me is the radial engine. The sound and shake as compared to a inline engine just adds something to the overall visceral appeal of a overpowered piston warbird. Kinda like a Harley compared to a Gold Wing if you are into motorcycles. "I love the smell of a hot air cooled engine in the morning". I think Robert Duvall said that in Apocalypse Now . :lol:

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Yeah, I love the P-47 too. It was my second A2A purchase after the Spitfire, and the two planes are so different. In fact, this is what makes Accusim planes so good. Each one feels different, with a character all it's own. Too many other payware planes seem like hotted up Cessnas, whatever they may be. There's nothing wrong with a Cessna, but it's no P-47 :D

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

I have been really enjoying my Jug lately. I have been going flying around 4pm a little less than an hour from sunset in my neck of the woods. The winds have been light with good visibility and light clouds. I just fly around local , enjoy the scenery (ORBX Norther CA) and shoot a couple of landings. I like when the sun gets low, the sky starts changing colors and the sun is a big orange ball. I guess I am a big kid because after I land I taxi up to my usual parking spot, open the canopy and shut down. I have switches for most of the controls like the mags etc. I don't have a keyboard at all. I shut everything off just like I would in the real deal. I just sit there for a minute and listen to the gyros wind down (wish I had the engine cooling sounds). How else could I have the opportunity to fly a P47 except in my simulator.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

It's the nemesis for me, I can fly her and I love to fly her, such a great historical massive fighter, but not fly her all that well. With its quite manual systems and what not for the higher alt stuff, I've still yet to complete properly the standard early 8th AF mission I'd like to do. I always end up damaging the aircraft prior to enemy coast ahead lol :mrgreen: I need to stop being so ham fisted on that turbo for a start! :twisted:
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

After all these years, I've somehow never managed to damage her purposely. I've had a few random events, but I've never pushed her so hard as to cause a failure. I love her high altitude ability, and I've charged the coast of France many times from 37,000 feet. Guess you just don't have the right touch Lewis. ;)
ImageImage
ImageImage

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Maybe so, the P-40 and Spitfire is all good though lol

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

Lewis,

Perhaps you misunderstood when they said treat her like a lady. :D :D :D

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

hahahaha

batt
Senior Airman

Post by batt »

Lewis - A2A wrote: I need to stop being so ham fisted on that turbo for a start! :twisted:
Just keep the turbo lever behind the throttle at all times and you should never have a problem. Always works for me, anyhoo.

Love that 7 ton milk bottle myself. My fixed wing flight instructor flew them in the late months of the war in the 9th Air Force, mostly close air support for infantry. Late C's and early D's he told me. Never saw a German fighter: Thanked God he didn't. Said German Flak towers scared him the worst. RIP Red Kelso. Great man and a great pilot. I was really blessed to learn fixed wing flight operation from him.
Image Image Image
ImageImage

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

batt wrote:
Lewis - A2A wrote: I need to stop being so ham fisted on that turbo for a start! :twisted:
Just keep the turbo lever behind the throttle at all times and you should never have a problem. Always works for me, anyhoo.

Love that 7 ton milk bottle myself. My fixed wing flight instructor flew them in the late months of the war in the 9th Air Force, mostly close air support for infantry. Late C's and early D's he told me. Never saw a German fighter: Thanked God he didn't. Said German Flak towers scared him the worst. RIP Red Kelso. Great man and a great pilot. I was really blessed to learn fixed wing flight operation from him.

Batt,
The guys who flew ground support for the troops in late 1944 and early 1945 in Europe never received the recognition they deserved. They got their butts shot off in many instances and the losses tell the tale. Sounds like your friend was one of those 9th Air Force heroes. If you have not read this book you may want to take a look at it. It is in my library and I have read it several times over the years. It is one of the few books written by one of these pilots. Patton who did not give compliments very often commented how important their contribution was to the success of this phase of the war.

http://www.amazon.com/P-47-Pilots-The-F ... 076030548X

new reply

Return to “P-47 Razorback”