Minor problem with p-47 tooltips

Big, Heavy, Tough, and Beautiful
new reply
dacamp66
Senior Airman

Minor problem with p-47 tooltips

Post by dacamp66 »

Gentlemen, I just noticed today that when I mouse over the adi switch, the tooltip shows it as the WEP master arm switch? is this correct, or is something "messed up"? also I had the "adi" switch on for a good 8-10 minutes during a short flight but adi quantity showed as full at end of flight?
don't know if this has anything to do with this, but I had to "repair" fsx tonight (didn't delete anything, just reinstalled over the existing copy)
thank you in advance for any assistance provided
p.s., I do have accusim
Orville's law: when the altitude of the ground at your current location exceeds the altitude of your aircraft, you have most assuredly crashed.

dacamp66
Senior Airman

Re: Minor problem with p-47 tooltips

Post by dacamp66 »

never mind... DUH, BRAIN FART! realized that WEP stands for WAR EMERGENCY POWER not WEAPONS! pardon me while I go trade in my brain for one that's good for something besides keeping my neck dry.
also realized that just 8-10 minutes may not be enough time to see a change in adi levels in the aircraft fuelling window.
go ahead and delete this if you want, in fact please do; I would hate to provide proof that it is possible to have a Negative IQ.

Orville's law: when the altitude of the ground at your current location exceeds the altitude of your aircraft, you have most assuredly crashed.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Its ok, we ALL have major numpty moments :lol:
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Full ADI after ten minutes of use is historically incorrect if you had it turned on. The series represented by the A2A aircraft had 15 gallons of water for War Emergency Power, with the pump activated by the switch on the throttle. Earlier models activated the WEP automatically (ie, no switch) when the throttle was near full power. The later bubbletops had 30 US gallons of water, good for about 15 minutes. So if I understand how the WEP worked, your tank should have been empty after about 7 minutes (unless throttle also needs to be near full power for water injection like the earlier automatically activated systems).
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

dacamp66
Senior Airman

Post by dacamp66 »

not sure either, but it seems logical and "common sensical" that it (h20/Methanol) would only be used if the engine were above "xx" inches of manifold pressure and that all the switch does is "arm" the system. will take a look at the manual and give a heads up if I find out anything definitive one way or the other.

dacamp66
Senior Airman

Post by dacamp66 »

page 37 of the razorback manual states that the adi system operates ONLY when the throttle is wide open; so it is an "all or nothing" setup. apparently, all the switch does is arm the system and throttle position actually turns it on or off.
this explains my experience with the adi: I cut back the aircraft to climb settings shortly after takeoff,so adi was operating for MAYBE 30 seconds MAX.
(My ground crew chief is the "Sargeant Micklin" type: quote:" YOU BROKE MY BIRD COLLEGE BOY, SO GUESS WHAT? YOU GET TO FIX IT!" :lol: so I tend not to overstress the aircraft without a good reason)

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

I'm glad you got that sorted out. I've never used the water injection, mostly because I don't truck around heavy loadouts or need maximum speed.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

new reply

Return to “P-47 Razorback”