P-47 accusim problems

Big, Heavy, Tough, and Beautiful
AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Re: P-47 accusim problems

Post by AviationAtWar »

Comrade_Bob wrote:I know this thread is a couple of years old, but I'm having the same issue that has been reported here. If you follow the conversation, I have done everything listed, i.e. reinstalled P-47 as administrator. I have also run the most recent update.

When I save in FSX, P-47 starts over pretty much as a new aircraft.

I found the DAT file in the A2A folder of Microsoft FSX. Is there something I need to do with this to make the P-47 save correctly?

Thanks for the help.
I'm still having the same problem also and kind of gave up on it, disappointing and I know I'd fly it more if it worked correctly. I've also uninstalled and ran as administrator and have the current updates. The aircraft accumulates time while FSX is running but when you exit and restart FSX then it's back to a zero time aircraft. My .dat files for all other A2A planes are saved in My Documents, I can't find a .dat file for the P-47 anywhere.

blockwood
Airman

Post by blockwood »

P-47 DAT files are in a different place than the other aircraft. It is a really old accusim bird.
Below is where mine is.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\A2A\P47

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

In x86>Microsoft Games>FSX>A2A>P-47 I have folders named Sounds, Tools, and then the two P-47 manuals. I did look there again tonight before posting just to make sure. I tried uninstalling everything P-47 again tonight, right clicking and running as admin when installing, just did a test flight and still the same.

blockwood
Airman

Post by blockwood »

I would try reinstalling the P-47, then reinstalling accu-sim and finally installing the most recent accu-sim update. See if that helps. Do it in the order as shown.

Comrade_Bob
Airman First Class

Post by Comrade_Bob »

My DAT file is in the same location you listed. I checked and it is logging airframe hours correctly. I guess my issue comes in specifically when I save mid-flight and come back at a later time. What happened was I was using drop tanks on the trip and when I reloaded the flight, they were gone.

One other issue I've noted is my fuel, ADI, oil, and oxygen levels with the aircraft are not persistent. Every time I go to my P-47, the fuel and oil are topped off and the ADI and oxygen are at zero. Is the P-47 supposed to be persistent in these categories like the later Accu-sim aircraft?

Edit: I did some searching and found a thread that mirrors my issue here ------> http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 55&t=16169

I haven't tried this system of saving and starting flights yet, but I'll post here and let you know what I find when I do.
Tom M.

ImageImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “P-47 Razorback”