P-47 Drag effect animation

Big, Heavy, Tough, and Beautiful
new reply
narah
Airman

P-47 Drag effect animation

Post by narah »

i am a proud user of the P-47 with accu sim. I have just one issue: i do not like this jerks whenever something generates drag. Gear down, Cowl flaps open, rockets and canopy open. No problem with flight dynamics but this jerks are at longitudinal axis at 1-2 Hertz. It´s not related to sound card issues or head movement from FSX also suspected in the forum. I have checked all videos from scott for takeoff and landing to see if it visible in the video. It´s not. So my question: is therea way to turn this off or is something wrong with my install? The accusim manual mentions the drag shacking so i have tried to reinstall without accusim. I didn´t work, that´s why i am here. brgds Thomas

Zoolander64
Airman First Class

Re: P-47 Drag effect animation

Post by Zoolander64 »

Greeting,

Not sure I am understanding what you mean by "jerks". Are you talking about a frame rate hesitation?
-Todd, aka Zoolander64
Staff Member at DigitalThemePark
Connect TeamSpeak to ts3.digitalthemepark.com

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

narah wrote:i am a proud user of the P-47 with accu sim. I have just one issue: i do not like this jerks whenever something generates drag. Gear down, Cowl flaps open, rockets and canopy open. No problem with flight dynamics but this jerks are at longitudinal axis at 1-2 Hertz. It´s not related to sound card issues or head movement from FSX also suspected in the forum. I have checked all videos from scott for takeoff and landing to see if it visible in the video. It´s not. So my question: is therea way to turn this off or is something wrong with my install? The accusim manual mentions the drag shacking so i have tried to reinstall without accusim. I didn´t work, that´s why i am here. brgds Thomas
Realizing how hard it is to describe in writing something like this, please try and get VERY specific in describing exactly what you are seeing, feeling through the stick, and hearing.
I can tell you up front that on my system with the Jug installed, I am experiencing absolutely nothing abnormal to my senses that indicates something wrong with drag programming.
Dudley Henriques

narah
Airman

Post by narah »

Realizing how hard it is to describe in writing something like this, please try and get VERY specific in describing exactly what you are seeing, feeling through the stick, and hearing.
I can tell you up front that on my system with the Jug installed, I am experiencing absolutely nothing abnormal to my senses that indicates something wrong with drag programming.
Dudley Henriques[/quote]

i will try again and start from the opposite side, a normal flight: The aircraft flies very smooth. Opening the cowl flaps
too much, or opening the canopy or lowering the landing gear i will see, i previously used the word "jerks" but dictionary also refers to twitch, wince, shrug. Nothing what you can see from outside but from the VC. If it should simulate vibrations generated by turbulences it would explain it. It seems as Flight simulatur stutters, but it does not. I figured our that if a click to add "rocket pods" in flight after starting with a clean configuration i see the same effect. Other add-on (Flylogic F-5E) uses this to simulate vibrations caused by the drag of the speed brake/air brake. On the P47 the Amplitude and frequency is what does not match to what it might suposed to show. I can see it on the videos. BTW
it´s very little, but big enough to disturb.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

narah wrote:Realizing how hard it is to describe in writing something like this, please try and get VERY specific in describing exactly what you are seeing, feeling through the stick, and hearing.
Dudley Henriques
i will try again and start from the opposite side, a normal flight: The aircraft flies very smooth. Opening the cowl flaps
too much, or opening the canopy or lowering the landing gear i will see, i previously used the word "jerks" but dictionary also refers to twitch, wince, shrug. Nothing what you can see from outside but from the VC. If it should simulate vibrations generated by turbulences it would explain it. It seems as Flight simulatur stutters, but it does not. I figured our that if a click to add "rocket pods" in flight after starting with a clean configuration i see the same effect. Other add-on (Flylogic F-5E) uses this to simulate vibrations caused by the drag of the speed brake/air brake. On the P47 the Amplitude and frequency is what does not match to what it might suposed to show. I can see it on the videos. BTW
it´s very little, but big enough to disturb.[/quote]

Interesting.
I fly the Jug clean all the time so haven't checked an in-flight change of configuration such as adding external stores.
Clean what you should be getting is an increase in the parasite and form drag with cowl flaps, trailing edge flaps and gear deployment. This should manifest itself in airspeed loss and some nose down pitch requiring a bit of trim change.

I'm pretty sure that if you added any external stores in-flight, the flight model immediately after the change will have to adjust to the new conditions. There very well might be a slight time line of unusual behavior as this takes place.
Scott is off line right now due to a terrific storm they just had where he lives. Perhaps when he's back up again he'll check in and comment further for you.
Dudley Henriques

Zoolander64
Airman First Class

Post by Zoolander64 »

Greetings,

I spent several hours in the P47 today. I am not seeing any jerks or shutters. I have EZDOK installed and do get slight movement when adding rocket pods while flying. I consider that normal as you are adding significant weight and change in center of gravity.

I do like flying the P47. I am still working on properly landing that bird.
-Todd, aka Zoolander64

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Zoolander64 wrote:Greetings,

I spent several hours in the P47 today. I am not seeing any jerks or shutters. I have EZDOK installed and do get slight movement when adding rocket pods while flying. I consider that normal as you are adding significant weight and change in center of gravity.

I do like flying the P47. I am still working on properly landing that bird.
The secret to landing a 47 is to keep the speed up during the approach. I like a minimum of 120 on final. Keep it a bit on the high side through the base turn. Put the gunsight on the spot where you want to touch down. If it rises from that spot you're too high. If the spot lowers toward th bottom of the sight you will over shoot.
Don't drag a Jug in with power and full flaps. Plan to plant it on the mains tail low.
Practice will get it.
Dudley Henriques

Zoolander64
Airman First Class

Post by Zoolander64 »

Thanks! I have been getting better and better. You are right it needs lots of practice.
-Todd, aka Zoolander64

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

I think the "jerks" are buffets or airframe shakes. Your framerates may also be too low and that may be making the effect look odd.
A2A Simulations Inc.

narah
Airman

Post by narah »

Scott - A2A wrote:I think the "jerks" are buffets or airframe shakes. Your framerates may also be too low and that may be making the effect look odd.
I have my framerate locked at 20. Now set to "unlimited" and it really looks different, meaning better. Very interesting. Thanks for the hint.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

You are better to use 18fps, as this is the speed of some of the systems. I would use 18fps or 36 fps.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

narah
Airman

Post by narah »

Scott - A2A wrote:You are better to use 18fps, as this is the speed of some of the systems. I would use 18fps or 36 fps.

Scott.
That´s incredible! Set fps to 18 and it works perfect. Did not expect that at all, thanks Scott!

new reply

Return to “P-47 Razorback”