CTD fix for Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium and Audigy users

Big, Heavy, Tough, and Beautiful
Scott - A2A
A2A General

CTD fix for Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium and Audigy users

Post by Scott - A2A »

There is a crash bug with the Creative Labs X-Fi users that has Creative Labs has addressed here. This is only needed if you own a Creative Labs sound card and are experiencing a CTD:

X-Fi Titanium cards:
http://support.creative.com/downloads/w ... 11#type_11

Audigy cards:
http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs ... .id=135324

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Chief1942
Airman Basic

Re: CTD fix for Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium and Audigy users

Post by Chief1942 »

Purchased P-47 w/accusim. Installed, went into FSX to fly this wonder of wonders, and at the select a/c screen got the BSOD. Tried the P-40 and WOP P-51 just to make sure my FSX wasn't porked. They were fine, but the P-47 would crash to the BSOD at each attempt to load it. Came to the forum looking for some thoughts as to the possible issue and lo and behold I see this post on the SB Audigy drivers. Downloaded them and installed. Went back into FSX and Voila! P-47 is a hoot. Quite the learning curve since I now have to really pay attention to what the plane is telling me. I love it when everything comes together. Thanks A2A.

kiwikat
Senior Airman

Post by kiwikat »

The first link no longer exists. Is there another link to what you're suggesting to use?

Franck66
Airman

Post by Franck66 »

Hi Scott, do you have the link for the Xfi (the first one is not valid).

I installed the last xfi titanium drivers on W7 platform but the problem still the same, CTD with the A2A P-47.

Thanks for your help

Franck66
Airman

Post by Franck66 »

Nobody to help me to use this P-47 using Xfi ?

VulcanB2
Master Sergeant

Post by VulcanB2 »

Franck66 wrote:Nobody to help me to use this P-47 using Xfi ?
Hi,

If the latest drivers do not fix the issue, change your sound card. Creative never did get the drivers right for their cards.

Try this link: http://support.creative.com/downloads/w ... e=1#type_1

Best regards,
Robin.
A2A/AccuSim. 'nuff said!

Franck66
Airman

Post by Franck66 »

change your sound card
Change my sound card !!! do you know the price of this one ? I use lot of FSX add-on, sims, games without any problem may be the problem is the P-47 sounds.

How i could replace the P-47 sounds by others ?

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Unfortunately this is not something that exclusively affects the P-47, but also several other products from other developers. Some Creative cards work fine as well. It is very hard to pin down, and there are some strange variables at play. Unfortunately, I feel your pain. I have since gotten rid of two Creative cards due to similar issues and now exclusively utilize onboard audio.

Of note I am not advocating getting rid of your Creative audio cards. I would however suggest if the problem is not resolved to peruse through the threads regarding this and issues like it. If that does not help, directly contacting A2A and seeing if the problem cannot be resolved.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Major V
Airman Basic

HERE'S THE REAL FIX!!

Post by Major V »

Hi All!

I too had been struggling with this problem for some time. I have a Creative Labs X-FI XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro 24-BIT PCI Sound Card with the latest Creative driver (2.18.0015) and am running Windows 7 64 bit. Every time I opened the canopy on the P-47, I would get a BSOD. Very frustrating!

I tried tweaking the sound settings, turned down the sound quality, disabled enhancements, etc. but nothing worked. I even resorted to PAX drivers, but this did not solve the problem. Like others, I came upon this thread hoping for a solution, only to be disappointed with the old dead links (Scott - I think you can take these down now). Ultimately, I had to uninstall my sound card and use the onboard sound instead just to fly the P-47 (which defeats the whole purpose of shelling out for a sound card in the first place!).

This afternoon, I stumbled across the solution. Ironically, it was posted on the A2A Cub forum:
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 4&start=15

CodyValkyrie figured it out back in 2009:
"Do a look in your windows/system32 folder for a file named "ADI_OAL.dll". If you find it, delete it (or move it to a backup location). When you have done this, if the file is there, go to your SysWOW64 folder and do the same. Find it, remove it. You might need to have system files visible in order to do this."

Well, this is exactly what I did. I found that I did have an "ADI_OAL.dll" with a stale date (2008). I removed this dll from both folders per CodyValkyrie's suggestion and this indeed solved the problem (I had not upgraded my mobo as CodyValkyrie had done, but I still had the same problem with this dll.)

Anyway, my thanks to CodyValkyrie! Hopefully this helps out someone else in the same boat.

Major V

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Very glad to see this helped someone else. This issue regarding this .dll was very testing to me. Unfortunately in the end I still ended up giving up on my Sound Blaster card. I was finding that overall, the only difference the price was getting me was a better mixer. I have since found my onboard sound card to be quite suitable with the ability to handle everything thrown at it... even Dolby Digital with an optical hookup! (something even my Creative card didn't have!).

I do not expect in the future to get another SB card. I have been finding a lot of quizzical issues with them in the last few years that has completely turned me off to them.

I digress. Glad to see you up and running.
ImageImage
ImageImage

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

Is anyone else still expeiencing a CTD with the P47 and Accusim? I just installed the packages today and am just re-booting after a blue screen crash.

Thanks,
LouP

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

Well, I went and changed the security settings on all of the WOP3 .dlls that I could find and had another crash anyway. This time it happened when I put on the windshield defogger. Also, if it means anything, I can't seem to run the engine in auto-rich mode when flying as the engine starts coughing and smoke comes out of the engine. I move the lever back to rich and it clears up (with just a little black smoke and an occasional hic). I only mention this as I am wondering if it could be a sign of what may be causig the BLUE SCREEN of DEATH.

Seriously, is anyone else having this issue? Is it being addressed? I would love to be able to fly this plane but it needs to go away until I can get this strightened out.

My rig is an Alienware area 51 desktop with an i930 running at 3.4 gig, 6 gig memory, GTX480 with 1.5 gig of on board videw RAM, and yes, a titanium sound card

Thank you in advance for your help.

LouP

Ozark Dogfighter
Airman

Post by Ozark Dogfighter »

Sounds like a mixture problem. Have you disabled auto-mixture in FSX Realism settings? As for the BSOD, have you tried the fixes in this thread?

Sorry I cannot be of any more help.
Jeremy G. Burch
-Ozark Dogfighter

(..still waiting for an Accu-Sim-quality C195...)

Happy Flying!

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

Thanks, that actually helped a lot for the mixture issue, dont see how I missed that as I try to always fly with the most realistic settings I can.

So I installed new audio and video drivers and thought I had the BSD resolved as I took off from Dillingham in HI and flew around the whole island back to Dillingham again. Everything was going great with no issues as I was able to put down my flaps and gear and land, it was an awesome flight. I checked out the landing on replay and got back into the cockpit thinking about purchasing the spit with accusim now that seemed to be working OK ;) . But then I went to open the canapy to taxi and as soon as I touched the canopy release, BSD :(. At least it is not dicriminatory to just one action but I need to go to bed now, I'm beat.

LouP

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

Anyone have any other ideas on this. I've tried just about everything and still no luck. :(

LouP

new reply

Return to “P-47 Razorback”