CTD fix for Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium and Audigy users

Big, Heavy, Tough, and Beautiful
CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Re: CTD fix for Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium and Audigy users

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Lou, a blue screen of death is usually indicative of a video or sound driver issue.

Have you looked at the following thread?
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 4&start=15

What are your specs? Have you overclocked your system? Have you made any hardware changes to your computer since your last fresh install of windows?

Unfortunately because the nature of these issues is so hard to find, we must start at square one so we can point you in the correct direction.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Major V
Airman Basic

Re: HERE'S WHAT FINALLY FIXED IT FOR ME!

Post by Major V »

Sorry to hear about your struggles with this BSOD issue, LouP. I was plagued by it for a very long time - I have a Creative Labs X-FI XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro 24-BIT PCI Sound Card and am running Windows 7 64 bit. Every time I opened the canopy on the P-47, I would get the dreaded ctoss2k.sys BSOD. At one point, I thought I had the problem licked with CodyValkyrie's fix to delete the ADI_OAL.dll file from my windows/system32 and SysWOW64 folders (see the link in his post immediately above this one). This worked for a while, but then the BSODs came back. I actually had given up and just stopped flying the P-47, but your post inspired me to keep looking for a solution.

After many months of trial and error, I finally found a solution that works for me based on several weeks of testing -- the most recent PAX drivers (PAX PCI XFI ALL OS Driver V4.55) by Robert McClelland, which you can find here:

http://www.technewshw.com/forum/showthr ... 593&page=5

As noted in the posted Readme, the features of this driver include the following:

Based on:
SBXF_PCDRV_LB_2_18_0015
+ Updated Tweak As of 6.30.11
Added more Ram Support fix 2-32gigs in the tweaks
More audio tweaks fixes from audio drv inf.
Add installer fix for Open AL sub dir should correct installed 64 bit system dir.
PaxFix BSOD for CTCOSS2k
and allso ctaud2k.sys

Since installing these new drivers, my BSOD problems have completely disappeared, and I can finally enjoy the P-47 again. However, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

Good luck.

Major V
Last edited by Major V on 07 Aug 2011, 22:40, edited 1 time in total.

DHR
Airman

Post by DHR »

Hi I am experiencing this CTD as well,, I was wondering where this Download is exactly? If I follow these links, I cannot find a download anywhere. Also I have updated the drivers for my Audigy sound card and it tells me its "good to go". ???

Major V
Airman Basic

Post by Major V »

DHR:

Follow the 2nd link in my prior post to Robert McClelland's forum, where he posts links to his PAX drivers.

First, find the latest post for your particular sound card.

Then, at the bottom of that post, you will find the link to download the driver (it ends with a ".7z").

Then follow the installation instructions on the post (you first need to completely remove your existing drivers).

You can mess up if you download the wrong driver, so make sure the one you download is the LATEST one for YOUR sound card (start with the last page of his posts and work backward until you find the one that lists your Audigy sound card). Then be sure to follow the installation instructions to the letter.

The PAX drivers work very well, and SHOULD eliminate your CTDs like they did mine. Good luck.

DHR
Airman

Post by DHR »

Hi and Thanks for the reply. I have tried this route you are suggesting and in the end I am being asked to buy this driver for 30 bucks. Sorry, call me cheap but.. I am looking to just fix the problem for free. As for the other download links, previous to your post, I cannot find a DL link in those particular messages. My P-47 usually starts, taxi's out fine, and I am able to get airborn then after about 10 minutes it will CTD. Sounds great until that point.

Major V
Airman Basic

Post by Major V »

DHR:

Not sure what you are seeing, but let me assure you that the PAX drivers are FREE! I just re-tried the link in my prior email and it worked fine - the download links are there, they work and there is nothing to buy. Good luck to you.

mos2net
Senior Airman

Post by mos2net »

+ 1 => (( just, for storing / "your post")) :roll:

DHR
Airman

Post by DHR »

+ 1 => (( just, for storing / "your post"))
I do not know what this means,,,
Anyway...My apologies..I have found that the BitZipper file I had was what was asking for money. It was a trial that had expired as these things do...and you are right, my mistake, the Driver file is free. But..I have tried to figure out what to do with all the files, and can't. I am getting the impression that I should just replace the sound card with a product not from Creative??

DHR
Airman

Post by DHR »

+ 1 => (( just, for storing / "your post"))

Still dont know what this means......I changed my sound card to something called FLRen audio. P47 works great now.

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

Hi again guys,

You were so helpful in trying to assist me that I wanted to follow up with an update on my situation. I haven't been able to use my P47 since I posted this but I have good news. I recently purchased a set of logitech G35 headphones (awesome headsets by the way). The headsets are USB driven and bypass the soundcard in your PC. So I thought, let me try out my P47 with the new headset. I flew for about an hour with my eyes squinted and forehead all wrinkled waiting for the blue screen crash but it never came. I have since gone for three more flights and still no blue screen of death. So it looks like I can use the aircraft now as long as I wear my new headsets. But you know what, the sound is actually BETTER with this headset than it ever was through my creative sound card and 5.1 surround sound speakers. As I said earlier I did apply all the patches and updates for my Creative sound card but none of that worked for me. I hope this helps you solve a few things as you were very supportive with my situation. Also, my g/f is probably happier that I have to use the headsets to fly anyway ;)

Cheers,
LouP

BTW, I now have the confidence to purchase the Spitfire and will by this weekend.

Major V
Airman Basic

Post by Major V »

For those of you who are still having problems with CTDs using your Creative sound cards, Creative just posted a new BETA driver which I hear has improved game performance:

http://support.creative.com/Downloads/welcome.aspx# (scroll down to Beta driver released 9.16.2011)

Here are the release notes:

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Series Driver (Beta)
Filesize : 38.32 MB Download
Hide Details
Release date : 16 Sep 11
File Name : SBXF_PCDRVBETA_US_2_18_0015A.exe

This download is a beta driver providing Microsoft® Windows® XP, Windows Vista® and Windows 7 support for Creative Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ Series. For more details, read the rest of the web release note.

Take note of the following:
THIS IS AN UNSUPPORTED BETA DRIVER. There is no technical support for this driver.
We recommend that only experienced users install this driver. Do not install this driver on a system used to perform critical tasks.
Users who are looking for stable drivers should wait for the final release. When this happens, user should install the latest Sound Blaster X-Fi Series driver available.

This download supports the following audio devices only:

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty® Professional Series
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty® Champion Series
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty®
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro

Fixes:

Minimized the issue of no audio playback on certain system configurations.

Requirements:

Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005, Windows XP Media Center Edition 2004, Windows XP, Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit

Notes:

Do not install this driver for Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio.
To install this driver
Download the file onto your local hard disk.
Double-click the downloaded file.
Follow the instructions on the screen.

It looks like Creative FINALLY has addressed the very well known problems with game performance caused by their drivers. I have not tried this new Beta driver, so use at your own risk. I am sticking with PAX drivers (see my earlier posts above), which have resolved all of my CTD issues with the P47. Good luck!

Major V

new reply

Return to “P-47 Razorback”