Oxygen?

It's big, powerful, and fast.
new reply
oakfloor
Senior Airman

Oxygen?

Post by oakfloor »

How do I turn on the O2? both the knob and lever justs drains the contents out quickly, is not a full tank of oxygen supposed to last hours? I do fill it up before a flight, Thanks.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Oxygen?

Post by Skycat »

If I remember correctly, in real life the lever allowed pure oxygen into the mask and the knob released oxygen directly into the cockpit. You'd only use these in case of dire emergency, like if your mask stopped working and you needed to avoid hypoxia long enough to let down to an altitude where you could breathe the ambient air. The vintage Pilot's Information File also suggests using pure oxygen to treat a crewman who is in shock, or who has passed out from not getting adequate oxygen from his mask.

In the FSX model, just put the mask on by using the toggle in the Shift+2 menu. If you are Accu-Simmed, you'll hear a ruffling sound and a zipper, then some inhaling. The pilot figure will also be shown wearing the oxygen mask in the external view. You'll notice the yellow blinker on the panel should be opening and closing to suggest that oxygen is being mixed into the mask's hose with each inhalation.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

At first you have to take the oxygen (by default the aicraft is configured to a low level Sunday ride: no ammo, ADI and oxygen) with you then put the mask on and that's all. This is On Demand system, the oxygen flows and the amount of it in the oxy / air mix depends on the altitude. Leave the lever at the Auto-Mix position, you will get oxygen when you need it, the "emergency" and the "100% oxygen" will deplete the oxygen pretty quick.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

oakfloor
Senior Airman

Post by oakfloor »

ROB - A2A wrote:At first you have to take the oxygen (by default the aicraft is configured to a low level Sunday ride: no ammo, ADI and oxygen) with you then put the mask on and that's all. This is On Demand system, the oxygen flows and the amount of it in the oxy / air mix depends on the altitude. Leave the lever at the Auto-Mix position, you will get oxygen when you need it, the "emergency" and the "100% oxygen" will deplete the oxygen pretty quick.

regards
ROB
Well yeah I gotta put on the mask to work..silly me. Thanks Rob, im flying high now!

new reply

Return to “P47 Thunderbolt”