Drop tanks

It's big, powerful, and fast.
Test Pilot
Senior Airman

Drop tanks

Post by Test Pilot »

Does anyone else have the problem of having the drop tanks fall but then "fly" a hundred feet or so below the plane and stay there without falling to the ground?

Meatycus
Airman

Re: Drop tanks

Post by Meatycus »

just bought this great aircraft, having a nice first flight..then I see this :shock:
meant to be?

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

We're looking into it. Hopefully more soon.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Meatycus
Airman

Post by Meatycus »

yeah well no rush or anything

but its a show-stopper for me I'm afraid, as it stands this aircraft has NO immersion factor :evil:

when I land its awful to see the shadows of my tanks and bombs just behind me, also cant use this plane for any screen shots

so is it a bug? or something that slipped though the testing? or is only happening to certain people?

how long have A2A known about this? and why is it being sold like this????, maybe a WARNING on the page you buy it on would be nice so I could have avoided it

so an ETA on the fix would be nice from an A2A person considering the OP of this topic posted here 3 weeks ago with no reply

Hello?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Its going to be fixed.

...If everyone took things of shelves when bugs and faults were found shop would be empty places,...
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Meatycus
Airman

Post by Meatycus »

Cool, I'm looking forward to the fix

on another note..would it be to hard to just provide a clean version, no tanks no bombs, of the same paint?

apart from the above problems, the sound of this aircraft is very addictive and morish, and the flight model is very nice also

a few extra paint jobs would be nice do you have any here on this forum?

cheers
Tim

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Ok, provided you are using the FSX update??? then bring up the 2d panel and there are two little buttons. One removes the bombs the other the rockets.

Meatycus
Airman

Post by Meatycus »

Hi lewis

yeah I found the 2D panel, thanks, however when I'm on the tarmac it does not get rid of the Bombs if I click that button .. it works when in the air

I purchased and downloaded this from your shop only 5-6 days ago is the patch needed still? I thought it would be included in the package?

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

You should have the newest version.... However, we know of the problem and I can confirm it. It appears to have slipped through testing. We are discussing our options for rectifying this and hopefully will be back shortly with a solution, if not a possible hotfix for the time being. Since I am not a designer here, I can't give you any specific answers. But, we're talking about it :D
ImageImage
ImageImage

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Your bombs dont disappear?

This is very strange indeed as those buttons work fine on my own system. mmmm.. very strange. If its not major hassle maybe a reinstall of the aircraft?

Meatycus
Airman

Post by Meatycus »

yeah the bombs wont go away only when on the ground I will do a clean reinstall today, see if it makes any difference

I even tried the patch but it said I didn't need it

Nick C
Senior Airman

Post by Nick C »

Any update on the drop tank chaps :?:

Nick C
Senior Airman

Post by Nick C »

Chaps, I know you are working on the new version of the plane, but this one still hasn't been updated to get rid of the very annoying drop tank problem. Is this going to be fixed as stated above?

Test Pilot
Senior Airman

Post by Test Pilot »

Nick, try waiting a few seconds after arming the drop tank before then releasing the tanks. I tried this today and the drop tank had fully disappeared. (However, I did then try to normally drop the tank by arming and releasing right in a row and it did disappear so may be more behind it then just pausing in between steps - hopefully though the drop tank issue will be moot very very very soon!)

Meatycus
Airman

Post by Meatycus »

so what happens now? I still have a P47 solo II FSX version that still drags its drop tanks around like a convict with a ball and chain :twisted: , in fact because of this I really haven't used the aircraft since I bought it
been about 3-4 months now with no word of anything, I have since un-installed it and its gathering dust unfortunately, I was hoping you would fix this when you brought out the accu-sim thing

all I wanted was a clean P47 lol

In fact does the accu-sim work with this version? or did I buy the dud version, meaning I have to buy the III version to have accusim?

cheers
Meaty

new reply

Return to “P47 Thunderbolt”