P47 Solo Pack and FSX Patch on final - SCREENSHOTS

It's big, powerful, and fast.
new reply
Scott - A2A
A2A General

P47 Solo Pack and FSX Patch on final - SCREENSHOTS

Post by Scott - A2A »

Here are some screenshots of the new P47 Solo pack.

Four are from FSX with the beta FSX patch applied, and three are from the Solo pack with the FS9 installer selected:

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Test Pilot
Senior Airman

Re: P47 Solo Pack and FSX Patch on final - SCREENSHOTS

Post by Test Pilot »

Will this update cover only the WWII fighters version (CD set as well as solo line) or also the P-47D-22,25,30,M,N X package???

8thFG
Airman First Class

Post by 8thFG »

I second that idea Scott. Please consider at least one of the bubbletops !

oakfloor
Senior Airman

Post by oakfloor »

Aye, laddie please dont forget the D and M models :!:

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

Guys, this patch is the FSX SP2 Fix for the FSX WWII Fighters P47D. It solves FSX SP2 transparency problems.

The Wings of Power P-47 package is for the FS2004.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Here are some shots of the cockpit.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Nick C
Senior Airman

Post by Nick C »

I never had your earlier P-47's, so I'm really looking forward to the solo release. Great work chaps!

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

I see the radio filter switch box got a new texture. :)
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

I flew the WWII Fighters P-47D-20 tonight in FS9 hoping to reveal some other improvements suggested by the screenshots above. I've never noticed that the oxygen guage shows decreasing oxygen and I thought this was something new coming with the update. Anyhow, I have some suggestions that may be relevant to the update and/or to the Solo release. I've always prefered the full Thunderbolt pack's version of the razorback over the WWII Fighters' version and my two-hour flight tonight reminded me why:

1. I feel more comfortable with the original 2D panel than I do with the more recent "mini panel." I realize that the mini panels are the new standard for A2A Sims but operationally and aesthetically they just don't feel right to me. It would be nice to have the option to 'go retro' and easily install the panel that was already produced for the Thunderbolt pack.

The mini panel would be a minor issue to me if either:
a) all of the pop-ups of the Thunderbolt pack were offered in the WWII Fighters P-47D-20; or
b) the WWII Fighters' P-47D's cockpit was easier to use. My major complaint is that I can't bring up the separate fuel selector or trim wheel pop-ups in the FS9 install of WWII Fighters.

2. The lack of a fuel selector panel was especially annoying and, shall we say, treacherous to me tonight. I had to rely on the virtual cockpit's fuel selectors, one of which is partially obscured by the edge of the pilot's seat. When my external belly tank went dry I spent several seconds trying to make the main fuel selector go to a fuselage tank; I lost 10,000 ft. altitude on a sputtering engine before the switch finally settled on the auxiliary tank indente. Later I was preparing to make a landing and I wanted to select my main fuselage tank but the switch kept bouncing from the empty belly tank position to the fuel cut off position...things again got hairy until finally the uncooperative switch settled onto a usable fuselage tank. I've never had this problem when using the pop-up fuel selector panel.

3. The lack of a pop-up trim panel is less critical but I prefer having it available on-screen instead of periodically 'looking down' into the VC to put the mouse cursor onto the various wheels. The effect of trim is so pronounced that I like to be able to see my guages and the horizon when I make adjustments. Looking down into the VC completely distracts my attention.

It's been a while since I've flown the FSX version of the WWII Fighters Thunderbolt so forgive me if these pop-ups are available in the FSX install. Otherwise, perhaps others can offer their opinion on whether the fuel and trim pop-ups should be restored for FSX.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

crim3
Senior Airman

Post by crim3 »

Skycat wrote:2. The lack of a fuel selector panel was especially annoying and, shall we say, treacherous to me tonight. I had to rely on the virtual cockpit's fuel selectors, one of which is partially obscured by the edge of the pilot's seat.
You should assign the up/down, left/right, front/back eye viewpoint controls to joystick buttons/POV. I use them all the time in FS. But I also like 3D cockpits over 2D panels. I question of taste, of course.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

It's not even so much a matter of how close my view point is. After posting, I loaded the Thunderbolt pack's D-20 model and played with switches in VC view while sitting on the runway. Even in an extreme close-up view I was having a difficult time making the primary fuel selector click to the AUX and CENTER MAIN positions. Maybe it is an FS9 weakness; maybe it is a problem caused by my computer. Either way, I find the fuel selector pop-up is simply much easier to use.

Like you I prefer the VCs over the the flat panels also but I do rely on the panels and pop-ups for routine functions. Given a choice -- which thankfully I still have with FS9 (but not FSX) -- I always choose the model that provides the pop-ups. This also applies to the Wings of Power P-51D vs the Wings of Power II P-51D, BTW. Even though the new Mustang model is superior I simply feel more comfortable with the older model's panels and pop-ups.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Skycat,

What I do is hold the mouse down and grab it in the center. Drag the mouse left or right, w/o releasing it until it is where you want it to be. I don't think you'll be losing 10,000 feet next time you do this, plus, I wouldn't muck with a fuel selector anyway unless I was at high altitude and ideally above landable terrain.

Keep in mind, this Solo P47 is an improved version of the FSX WWII FIGHTERS P47 and if we created 2d panels, variants, etc., then it would not be the solo line.

However, moving forward, the Accu-Sim P47 expansion pack will build on the Solo / WWII FIGHTERS version. Perhaps later we can make later models down the road, but no ETA as of yet. Right now, the A2A FSX P47 is the Razorback.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

crim3
Senior Airman

Post by crim3 »

Skycat wrote:Like you I prefer the VCs over the the flat panels also but I do rely on the panels and pop-ups for routine functions.
I see the point and I think you are right. Very often ergonomics in a VC (in FS) are lower than in a 2D panel when we talk about mouse interfacing. Maybe it could be better with a 3d mouse device controlling a 3d mouse cursor. Specially with haptic features... hmmm that would be really cool.
Ok, I stop, no more off-topic, really :)

stapme!
Senior Airman

Post by stapme! »

Scott, About when will we be seeing the Accu-Sim add-on for the P-47D? I am eagerly awaiting this. Will there be an A-S for the B-17G, Spitfire I, 109E, P-51D, and P-40? The Accu-Sim package for the Stratoliner is absolutely fantastic! This is the best aircraft model ever made for a simulator. A2A is on the right track.
Last edited by stapme! on 21 Sep 2008, 11:12, edited 1 time in total.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

It's in development now but we have no ETA to announce at present. Once we get the 377 patch out, we will then be 100% on the p47 and be in a better position to predict it's completion. We are as eager as you to have this done too :)

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “P47 Thunderbolt”