Heavy Bombers and Jets v1.1 Update

Wings of POWER Heavy Bombers and Jets for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
leopold
Airman

Re: Heavy Bombers and Jets v1.1 Update

Post by leopold »

Please A2A,
Could you do an update of Aircraft Power Pack for FSX ACCELERATION/SP2?
Thanks a lot,
L.M
P.S: an update for the exterior glass and props.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

The prop clipping was a result of Microsoft making an unexpected change that prevented aircraft imported using former tools. Being a product that was built from different contractors, most of which are no longer available, made it impossible for us to go back and re-imported using new tools due to the lack of sources.

The product that followed, WWII FIGHTERS, we did go back and re-import 4 of the 5 planes, but the 5th (Zero) was not possible due to the same reasons as above.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

leopold
Airman

Post by leopold »

So it's impossible to do a fix for AIRCRAFT POWER PACK: HEAVY BOMBER AND JET?

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Yes it is. Remember, the product was first released almost eight years ago.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

leopold
Airman

Post by leopold »

Ok, thanks...

leopold
Airman

Post by leopold »

Really sorry because the planes are excellent and I cannot find this plane for FSX /sp2, only your excellent Wings Of Power B17, and the alphasim B-24. :(
A last question: have you the "source file"? If yes, is it impossible to recompile?

leopold
Airman

Post by leopold »

Hello,
Pleeeeeeaaaaaaase! Or would annoter pack with this bomber and jet Made for FSX, and not too expensive?
Thanks a lot,
L.M

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Leo,

no plans for any upgrade for this old pack. Things have just come along too much, any new aircraft would be completely new products ala the B-17 t bring them up tp current standards.

Check out our B-17 video to see how far things have come;

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsPjn1L0elw[/youtube]
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

leopold
Airman

Post by leopold »

Hello,
I've already bought the B17, it's great, and there are other FSX native lancaster or B24, but no pb4y, no b29 and the german jet. So would A2A make other german jet and a B29, and a Privateer?
Thanks,
L.M

Sebu91
Airman Basic

Post by Sebu91 »

I'm not sure where exactly this post goes, but this thread seems to be active (unlike some others in this sub-board).

I recently stumbled across the Heavy Bombers and Jets addon pack and I really want to buy it. I just want the Arado 234, butI'll buy the whole thing, if I have to. However, I can't find it for purchase anywhere. Is it out of "production"? Am I completely out of luck? Is there any way I can get my hands on the Arado model?

Thanks for your help. I appreciate this is an unusual request, but I hope you guys can help me out.

- Sebu

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

yes the Heavy bombers and jets is out for production now. Its one of our oldest products dating all the way back to 2004.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Sebu91,

You might have good luck if you search for a used copy of "Aircraft Power Pack." It was a widely distributed DVD that reissued both "Heavy Bombers and Jets" (including patch content, bonus skin and an install to FSX option) for MSFS and the "FirePower" expansion for MS Combat Flight Simulator 3. Also, the DVD includes the Wings of Power II 'SOLO' version of the P-51D.

Amazon.com has used copies listed for under $20 USD: Link.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Sebu91
Airman Basic

Post by Sebu91 »

Thanks for the link! It seems that the Power Pack has many more sweet planes. Will they all work in FS2004, or are some of them only for CFS3?

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

The "Heavy Bombers & Jets part of the disc is only for FS9/FSX. The "FirePower" part of the disc is only for CFS3. There were two or three times as many planes issued in FirePower; the additional planes were mostly prop fighters of varying quality. The HB&J addon concentrated on 'civilianizing' the bombers and two or three of the Luftwaffe fighters.

The only additional aircraft you get for Flight Simulator by buying the APP DVD (instead of the original CD) is the P-51D. The APP re-release of "Heavy Bombers and Jets" does include some fixes over the older product however; for example the pilots in the B-17 were originally too small. You also get a paint texture for the B-29 that originally you had to request by email, and I think a bonus repaint for the B-24 as well.

Be forewarned that while the DVD version does include an install to FSX option (which the original product did not), this was based on the original release of FSX. Microsoft's two service packs for FSX have interfered with some of the compatibility of these FS9 ports/ first generation FSX aircraft. And as I recall, some of the models are affected more noticeably than others.

Edit: If you are only flying FS2004, the the models will work fine since that was the platform they were originally developed for.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Sebu91
Airman Basic

Post by Sebu91 »

Sweet. I have X installed, but I don't use it. I'm true to the '9 and will be till something truly better comes out. Bit of a bummer that I won't be able to use the Ho-229 and some of the Ta-X planes. I really think there'd be a market for high quality renditions of German and other prototype planes. They are sexier than just about everything.

new reply

Return to “Heavy Bombers and Jets”