FS 2004 B-29

Wings of POWER Heavy Bombers and Jets for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
new reply
NavyAce
Airman

FS 2004 B-29

Post by NavyAce »

Hello,
I am in the process of updating my Flight Simulators by installing them to my new CyberPower gaming PC which is running Windows 10 so that I can take advantage of its better processing power and better graphics card. I have installed FSX to it successfully and have added most of my commercial and third party addons but one aircraft that I am missing is a good B-29. I have purchased and installed Virtavia's offering but found it lacking compared to the WOP version in FS 2004. My question, being a new guy and not a nuts and bolts type when it comes to computers, is, can I installed the WOP Heavy Bombers program to FSX with my disc and get it to work. Probably a dumb question but I'm never afraid to ask if I don't know something. Thanks for your attention.

NavyAce

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: FS 2004 B-29

Post by Skycat »

When Heavy Bombers & Jets was re-released on the Aircraft Power Pack DVD, it included an option to install into then-newly released FSX. However, Microsoft made some graphic rendering changes with the SP1 and SP2 service packs that affected the FS2004 ports, albeit minimally.

So, yes, the B-29 can be used in FSX. I haven't attempted to install it to Windows 10; and I don't know the way to go about it if you have the original HB&J CD for FS2004 and you do not have FS2004 installed on your current computer.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Check out the instructions about halfway down the thread here:
http://shockwaveproductions.com/forum/v ... php?t=7296
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

NavyAce
Airman

Post by NavyAce »

Thanks Skycat! I am going to make a hard copy of FACs detailed instructions and try installing WoP Heavy Bombers to my Windows 7 desktop and see if I can get it to work there. If I can I will try the same procedure with my Cyperpower Windows 10 dedicated gaming desktop and see if I can get it to work there. Thanks for the reply and the link and your information.
NavyAce

NavyAce
Airman

Post by NavyAce »

Hi Skycat,

By the way I forgot to mention that I have FS9 installed on my Windows 7 computer and it is working there. It is Flight Simulator 2004 Century of Flight. I installed it from a disc but I don't know if I have the Aircraft Power Pack DVD or an earlier release. The Box I have just says Wings of Power; WWII Heavy Bombers and Jets for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004. From the creators of Firepower. A Shockwave production. History in a Box. I don't know if any of this means anything to you but I thought I'd mention it.
NavyAce

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

All this could simply be avoided if we had an Accusim B-29...

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Aircraft Power Pack was a later DVD that is best described as an anthology of Shockwave products including HB&J (moderately updated for FSX as well as original FS2004) and the "Firepower" addon for Combat Flight Simulator 3. You'd know if you had it.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

new reply

Return to “Heavy Bombers and Jets”