Install hung and crashed after looking for dead URL...

Wings of POWER Heavy Bombers and Jets for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
new reply
Alyot
Airman

Install hung and crashed after looking for dead URL...

Post by Alyot »

Hi,

I have a new computer with new installation of Flight Simulator 9 and new installation of Windows 7, Home Premium 64bit. I was installing your disks, that I've had for years now, and I was almost done with the installation, but then on getting to the part where it runs to look for possible updates, it hung and would not continue the setup process. It also was beyond the point where a "Back" button was offered as a way out for me to start over again. Help?

What now?
Yours,
:cry:

Ok, I was able to get passed "WiseUpdt.exe" by closing it with Windows 7...after the second time through. Do you still have the Update package for Heavy Bombers and Jets here? Wasn't it something like Update v1.2?
Last edited by Alyot on 18 Aug 2012, 16:44, edited 1 time in total.

FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: Install hung and crashed after looking for dead URL...

Post by FAC257 »

Alyot

Have you started up FS9 and looked to see if the aircraft are already installed?

I am pretty certain that once you get to the "update" part of the install, everything that needs to be installed is already there. The crash of the installation at this point probably didn't affect anything.

If you do find that you have the basic flyable aircraft, then the only update you will need is the one found here:
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... f=5&t=7681
FAC257

Alyot
Airman

Re: Install hung and crashed after looking for dead URL...

Post by Alyot »

Hi FAC257,...

That Update installer crashed either because the URL (http://shockwaveproductions.com/forum/index.php) was dead, or because it was trying to get there using some path not available to it in Windows 7 or IE9 64bit. I'm not sure. I had no "Proxy " to plug in that window, so I was lost, too.

Yes, I did, but it was not a successful install the first time, so the files weren't written in. After the second run everythings' there and up now. All the planes are there.

Now, for the update...(thanks for that! :wink: ) ...and on WWII Fighters! 8)

Thanks for the prompt reply.

new reply

Return to “Heavy Bombers and Jets”