Texture request for WoP B-24J

Wings of POWER Heavy Bombers and Jets for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
new reply
fido
Senior Airman

Texture request for WoP B-24J

Post by fido »

Hi all, I am some what new here and didn't know exactly where to post this, so here seemed as good a place as any, hope you don't mind., if you do, feel free to move it.
I have a texture request for the WoP B-24J, you see my father flew with the 5Th Air Force, 43rd Bomb Group, 64th Bomb Squadron. After his passing in 1972 I found his log book, which has since been misplaced, but I remember he had written down that on such and such a date he flew 24SE, or 24DAHT, and 24BM ; after some research I figured that it was shorthand for B-24J Shining Example 44-40184, B24J Dragon and His Tail 44-40973, and Black Magic 44-40867, all 64th aircraft. I would love it if some one knew where I might find a texture that would work on my WoP B-24J that represents one of these aircraft.
I have encluded pics of each plane.
Image ImageImage
Fido
Image Image
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards...
Leonardo da Vinci

FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: Texture request for WoP B-24J

Post by FAC257 »

"The Dragon And His Tail" was done for the original WOP B-24. It was one of the paints I flew most for that aircraft.

The only two places I downloaded re-paints for back then were Avsim and Flightsim, but I just did a search in both libraries and couldn't find it again.

I'm think it's in the Avsim library somewhere if you could figure out the right search words for it.

FAC
FAC257

fido
Senior Airman

Post by fido »

FAC:
All I could find was the texture for the Alphasim B-24 Liberator, and it's .dds files do not appear to be compatible with the WoP bmp file system. but thank you for the information. I am looking for a program to covert .dds files to .bmp or an other format that Photo Shop can open. By the way, what a great pic of the Dragon and His Tail.
Thanks again
Fido
Image Image
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards...
Leonardo da Vinci

FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by FAC257 »

Fido

You are correct about the Alphasim textures not working on the WOP B-24.

I have not given up trying to find that DAHT repaint for you. If I can find it, I'll let you know.

FAC
FAC257

fido
Senior Airman

Post by fido »

FAC :

Thank you for your ongoing effort. Please do not let my request interfere with your game play.
Fido
Image Image
Leonardo da Vinci

new reply

Return to “Heavy Bombers and Jets”