another B-17 not starting. FSX

Wings of POWER Heavy Bombers and Jets for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
new reply
B-69er
Airman Basic

another B-17 not starting. FSX

Post by B-69er »

hey guys, i also am having problems manually starting the B-17 in FSX. automatic startup works fine. i have also tried editing the cfg to alow electric as always still nothing. even tried not turning the power on untill im ready to start engine but still nothing. I have followed the startup checklist carefully, get the gauge set to TO and also get the PSI to 15 but still nothing. i'll continue to read around but if anyone has any other ideas pls tell. remember, this is in FSX and i am using a joystick for flight control,throttle and flaps. everythang else is keyboard and click. thanks!

B-69er
Airman Basic

Re: another B-17 not starting. FSX

Post by B-69er »

Just incase anyone else has the same problem, go into you aircraft.cfg file and change your normalized_starter_torque from 0.009 to 0.1 so it should look like normalized_starter_torque= 0.1 and also dont turn on ur Bat switches untill ur ready to start her up.

to locate the aircraft.cfg for the B-17, go into your FSX folder and find SimObjects, then go into Airplanes and then find the Wop B-17 folder. it will say Aircraft.cfg or just aircraft. remember to save the file (not save as is) before you exit for the changes to take effect. once inside the cfg file, if you cant find the line u need to edit, just hit Ctrl+F and search it.

new reply

Return to “Heavy Bombers and Jets”