scenery.cfg file error, local scenery directory add .115

Wings of POWER Heavy Bombers and Jets for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
new reply
ohildy1
Airman Basic

scenery.cfg file error, local scenery directory add .115

Post by ohildy1 »

hello newby here lol. i just bought and installed heavy bombers and jets.power pack. after installation i started fsx and now i get this error. scenery.cfg file error. local scenery directory in scenery file .115 not found i tried to uninstall but still comes up when i start fsx any help would be appreceateded ty jeff.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: scenery.cfg file error, local scenery directory add .115

Post by Skycat »

Did you install any other products at the same time? Heavy Bombers and Jets shouldn't have affected your scenery in any way.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

ohildy1
Airman Basic

Post by ohildy1 »

no i did not install any thing else but it also says scenery add on . 115

Scottyboy39
Staff Sergeant

Post by Scottyboy39 »

did you install a ultimate sceneryX Europe type of scenery? As cat said HBj does not effect your scenery folder
Scott "Shylock" Berge
http://www.fsxblueangels.com/

ohildy1
Airman Basic

Post by ohildy1 »

nope just istalled wings of power heavy bombers and after installation got this error when i started fsx reads as follows scenery.cfg file error. local scenery directory(addon scenery\SCENERY) in scenery area.115 not found

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

I've never seen this error myself so I don't know what it means exactly. Scenery.115 is most likely an entry in the Scenery.cfg file. If you add commercial sceneries like major airports you'll see entries for each new scenery added to the .cfg and they are numbered serially. Anyhow, it doesn't seem likely that you intentionally deleted a default scenery and I have the impression you haven't added any new sceneries, correct?

That said, my guess is that you installed Heavy Bombers and Jets immediately after flying a stock mission of some kind. FSX has a tendency to remember the last settings you used so maybe it is trying to match a new aircraft with a custom mission template. If you can actually enter into the sim's front menus, try loading the default mission or creating a Freeflight mission with a stock plane like the ultralight sailplane in a common location like Seattle International. Doing this may 'reset' FSX. Then try a HB&J aircraft after that.

I also believe that when problems like this would arise in FS2004, a quick solution was to delete the scenery.cfg file completely and then relaunch the sim to recreate the .cfg from scratch. This is an extreme action to take and I'm not sure if it is the correct one, so do so at your own risk and only after taking precautions to restore the .cfg file you currently have.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

ohildy1
Airman Basic

Post by ohildy1 »

Thanks skycat will try that and see what happens

new reply

Return to “Heavy Bombers and Jets”