Help? Terrain render fails?

Wings of POWER Heavy Bombers and Jets for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
new reply
Chalenge
Airman

Help? Terrain render fails?

Post by Chalenge »

Can anyone suggest a reason and possible cure for this problem? It only seems to be an issue with Shockwave aircraft, and so far only at DFW (Dallas Fort Worth) but before I find it happens somewhere else I would like to fix it.

http://www.vimeo.com/1725608

I really wanted to fly through IKE but find it impossible to launch from DFW.

Scottyboy39
Staff Sergeant

Re: Help? Terrain render fails?

Post by Scottyboy39 »

Im not understanding your problem. Vague description I guess. I seen your video there and i was flying in the rain with the B-17 and couldnt see out of the VC. I dont know if this is what you mean.
Scott "Shylock" Berge
http://www.fsxblueangels.com/

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Scottyboy39 wrote:Im not understanding your problem. Vague description I guess. I seen your video there and i was flying in the rain with the B-17 and couldnt see out of the VC. I dont know if this is what you mean.
At the end of the video the outside world fades away and turns solid blue while the cockpit remains. It seems to have something to do with the details sharpening towards the aircraft; the terrain disappears completely just as the foreground increases in resolution.

Obviously, since you're showing the B-24 in this video, you're using "Heavy Bombers and Jets." I can't tell offhand what version of FS this is. Your video of circuits in the P-51D was made with FSX+Acceleration; was this one with the B-24 made in FSX as well?
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Chalenge
Airman

Post by Chalenge »

Yes FSX. I installed it from the package of 'Aircraft Powerpack.' Your exactly right the outside world goes totally blue. From outside the plane you can still see the outside world but from inside the cockpit its blue. I can fly default FSX aircraft (even with repaints) but not the Shockwave bombers from DFW. I tried coming from Austin toward DFW and approaching DFW the outside world goes blue. Maybe just a coincidence but I dont have that problem in any other region that I have seen so far and so far only in Shockwave bombers.

Scottyboy39
Staff Sergeant

Post by Scottyboy39 »

Its def the glass texture not your scenery. The glass goes blue when in the rain on the heavey bombers planes. Wether your in the 17 or 24 it happens. The other day flying my B-17 into KNPA i came through the clouds in rain and the glass went blue. The best way to fix this next time in the rain go to your 2D view mode. These planes were created for FS2004 and sometimes you'll find little things when you port them over to FSX. I have a B-25 that was for 2002 and just upgraded through the years. It had a patch for FSX I downloaded and yet the windows are all solid grey in the VC view.
Scott "Shylock" Berge
http://www.fsxblueangels.com/

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I'm currently at the day job surrounded by charging cam-corders and re-building laptops.

To fix this issue you need a slighty different alpha texture file for the windows. The issue btw is indeed a weather issue with the rain. Unless one of the other chaps have pointed you in the right direction I will once I finish here and get home.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

I recall that the animated rain textures can be moved from FS2004 to FSX where they are missing.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

Chalenge
Airman

Post by Chalenge »

Really? If you can point me in the right direction for those animations I would love to see that!

I have this DXTbmp program that I used once before (forgotten already what I did with it). Would that be used to set this glass texture properly?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Chalenge
Airman

Post by Chalenge »

Okay I see there are two possible fixes. Change the glass texture or add the animated rain textures or both?

EDIT: Never mind I figured it out.

Has anyone ever figured out a way to add these animations to the default FSX planes?

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

The creators of FSX have removed and disabled this rain effect for native FSX models for, according to what they claim, perfomance reasons.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

Chalenge
Airman

Post by Chalenge »

Thank guys! All ready for the next hurricane :)

new reply

Return to “Heavy Bombers and Jets”