Damage and Prop Reversers

BIG, double-deck, four-engine, medium to long range, high altitude, high speed, commercial transport airplane
new reply
werner76
Airman Basic

Damage and Prop Reversers

Post by werner76 »

Hello All,

Loving the 377 and the complexities of the systems. I have a couple of questions, I use the CH Products yoke with integrated throttle, prop, mixture levers. I am trying to find the best way to engage the prop reversers as I cannot do it from the lever. I am using the F1 key but it does not work well and 9/10 times I don't even use the reversers.

The other question is the manual suggests turning off crash detection in FS. Will system damage still be modeled if I do so?

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Damage and Prop Reversers

Post by Jacques »

Hi Werner,
There is quite a lot of discussion about this in the 377 COTS forum. Using the prop reverse is easy for some and problem plagued for others. The basic steps are to ensure your hardware throttle is full back. Using your keyboard press F1 to ensure your throttles are fully back to the stop. Then press and hold F2 to bring it over the stop and into reverse' then press and hold F3 to bring it back up to the stop.

Here's the problem, some find they cannot ever get the lever back over the stop and into the normal range. Sometimes setting the parking brake helps.

I think pressing and holding F2 and then F3 is necessary for good results.

Reverse stops the plane very quickly...so be ready to bring it back out quickly.

I also think its good to go somewhere with a really long runway ( Edwards AFB is my favorite ) and just practice the technique at speed without taking off. You will most likely destroy your engines, but its worth doing it enough that it becomes a natural sequence.

werner76
Airman Basic

Post by werner76 »

Thanks...I will try that and see. Trial and error, right :wink:

Do you know if turning crash detection off will still accurately model damage. The COTS manual suggest doing this but I still want system damage to take place.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Sorry Werner...I forgot part two. Turning off crash detection just keeps the sim from causing a crash with seen and unseen "hitboxes".

It won't turn off damage detection done by accusim.

werner76
Airman Basic

Post by werner76 »

Awesome. Thanks for the help. I have some flying to do tonight :D

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Stratocruiser”