Observations flying the Strat

BIG, double-deck, four-engine, medium to long range, high altitude, high speed, commercial transport airplane
new reply
Mickel
Staff Sergeant

Observations flying the Strat

Post by Mickel »

The fastest way to return flying conditions to smooth or light chop is turn the seat belt sign on.

The fastest way to induce turbulence is turn it off again.

The wife's phone jingles, with subsequent questions about where it's been put, and the 4 year old wants to play right now only once the co-pilot has called 500'.

It is enormously rewarding. It is the only aircraft that I get tense on approach (not flown the Connie a lot yet). I need to keep my eye on the Spit, respect the T-6, Cub and P-40. But nothing like the Strat...
Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, Civvie 'stang, P-40, B-377 COTS, Spitfire, Connie, T-6, C-172, C-182, D-III, Anson, F4U

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Observations flying the Strat

Post by n421nj »

Lol nice observations. Nothing beats the round of applause and cheers on a smooth landing. And if you can get the crew to ask if youre on the ground yet its even more rewarding. However the most fun is an unexpected engine fire mid flight.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Observations flying the Strat

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Mickel wrote:The fastest way to return flying conditions to smooth or light chop is turn the seat belt sign on.

The fastest way to induce turbulence is turn it off again.
hahahah this gave me a good giggle :mrgreen:
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Stratocruiser”