Prop over speed

BIG, double-deck, four-engine, medium to long range, high altitude, high speed, commercial transport airplane
new reply
crashxpert
Airman

Prop over speed

Post by crashxpert »

Been a long time a2a for their great products, their Comanche 250 and Connie are my favs. I'm starting to get back into the 377 since she's been sitting for to long. Also been doing some reading on the 377 re guarding pan am 6 & 7. I know on pan am flight 6 it all started with a prop over speed which happened without warning and had very small window to correct the problem before the prop could come apart. The sound was described as "the scream of 100 banshees". I read a great article on pan am flight 7 and a hand full of people believe that the plane crashed from prop over speed and the prop grenading. My question is is this failure modeled or can it be? I'm sure it's past what can be done in the game but thought that would add that much more to the immersion and make to flights across oceans nerve wracking lol
Here's the article I read on pan am flight 7 that was interesting
http://www.airspacemag.com/history-of-f ... age=1&pag=

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Prop over speed

Post by n421nj »

I think this has been brought up before and i may be wrong but i dont think its modelled.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

BraselC5048
Airman First Class

Re: Prop over speed

Post by BraselC5048 »

I actually asked the same question before; I don't fully remember what the answer was, but I 'think' it was no. I haven't started all that many threads, but I did start that one, so a search to find the thread shouldn't be all that hard.

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Stratocruiser”