377 won't accelerate

BIG, double-deck, four-engine, medium to long range, high altitude, high speed, commercial transport airplane
new reply
AdySmith
Airman Basic

377 won't accelerate

Post by AdySmith »

I am following the manual for the StratoCruiser, I can get airborne and, just about, accelerate to 150 KIAS, but even with all the engines at the red line I cannot get above 150 KIAS even in level flight. Aircraft gross weight is about 120,000 Lbs.

Any ideas?

Adrian

gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Re: 377 won't accelerate

Post by gulredrel »

Try using the key "/" or whatever is set as default for spoiler. Had this once in FSX and was wondering too.
"Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please."

Mickel
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mickel »

Cowl flaps? I had them far too open trying to take off and failed miserably to make much headway. Then I read the instructions...
Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, Civvie 'stang, P-40, B-377 COTS, Spitfire, Connie, T-6, C-172, C-182, D-III, Anson, F4U

AdySmith
Airman Basic

Post by AdySmith »

Mickel wrote:Cowl flaps? I had them far too open trying to take off and failed miserably to make much headway. Then I read the instructions...
The only thing the manual says about them for take off is "Cowl flaps set for take off"
Not exceptionally helpful :(

gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Post by gulredrel »

There's a placard on the flight engineers panel which states how wide the cowl flaps should be opened at a definite OAT on takeoff.
"Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please."

AdySmith
Airman Basic

Post by AdySmith »

Brilliant, between cowl flaps and spoilers I flew her London to Manchester today.

Thanks everybody

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Stratocruiser”