KBOS to EGLL

BIG, double-deck, four-engine, medium to long range, high altitude, high speed, commercial transport airplane
alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: KBOS to EGLL

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Treetops.
Well i know by flying the guppy , which this problem does not happen on, and it has no pressurisation , it had to be , either pressurisation or turbos , as at the time i only had the manifolds under my control , the other three options where under the engineers control , the fe station , is the only option in the guppy , so its not that in the pax that causes manifold change , next flight i do i will just have fe station/pressuriseation under is control , to confirm which is the one that causes a change in manifold on takeoff.
regards alan. 8)

Barth56
Airman First Class

Post by Barth56 »

Even when I have the FE Station under my full control (..quite all the time) I make myself a significant increase in Manifoild pressure by just "opening" the turbos on and switching the blowers on passing 1000fts. Then I have to reduce for the original MAP but maintaining sufficient Turbo Blower pressure (2PSi minimum). The turbos are also needed for pressurization for sure, also for Carb heating (indirectly).
So, I think you'll see for yourself ;)

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Well on my takeoff for PHNL today, i just had fe station/pressurisation , under the engineers control , i was able to keep the manifolds at or under the 51 man pressure , so looks like the turbos are the cause of wild manifold pressure changes during climbout .
regards alan. 8)

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Stratocruiser”