Different questions

BIG, double-deck, four-engine, medium to long range, high altitude, high speed, commercial transport airplane
new reply
shermann
Airman Basic

Different questions

Post by shermann »

HI GUys !

I am new on forum my name is Alfredo and i am from Italy! Yesterday after reading the review on Avsim i bought the b337 and cots i have to say it is an exatraordinary prodiuct that keep you stuck on the screen. What ever i say now and what ever problem i encounter is for sue my errors so i am here to understand what errors i make. After downloading the produict i read the manual both of them. then i started a flight with real weather! I was set in PANC weather was bad snow cold and wind (not the right weather to learn:D) Anyway the first time i opened load manager board the passenger and then give the FE the chance to gain the money he is paid for. I click on autostart and Engine 1 and 2 styart 3 and four styart but then turn off and not able to turn them on anymore. I thought was a spark problems so i did start all again set the power to 1000 RPM and they kept on being on. I turned on lights to taxi and i started to taxi to runway of course it was a bit long almost 10 minutes something less. At rwy theresold i checked if my smart FE turned on antice and he did, from externa view i saw anyway ice on wings but i thought was safe to perform a take off anyway as antiice was on! i lined up pushe slowly thriottle on and slowly increase power to max set and flaps 25. After take off i was not able to keep altitude keeping the plane stalling and the plane , acting on yoke was so light. Speed didnt increase over 100 knots and didnt get lower , PItot heat? Anyway was like piloting a feather typical behaviour of an ice problem where thereis not enough lift but antiice was on. So i cant explain why io had this problem. Another question is the following , letting the FE tomanage all what the captain need to do to perfrom the preflight? I just turned on the ADI i think this is the name of the water cooling off the engine a single switch on the over head pane. Should i do something else? The last question is is there a tutorial of a flight using the B377 with cots?

Thanks
Alfredo

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Stratocruiser”