Weathership gauge V 1.0 Available

BIG, double-deck, four-engine, medium to long range, high altitude, high speed, commercial transport airplane
wothan
Staff Sergeant

Weathership gauge V 1.0 Available

Post by wothan »

Please go here for the latest version:

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 37&t=62708
Last edited by wothan on 19 Jan 2018, 09:41, edited 2 times in total.
When I like to do basic flying, I turn to A2A Aircraft, cause A2A "basic" flying means "complex" procedures.

wothan
Staff Sergeant

Re: Weathership gauge V 1.0 Available

Post by wothan »

Bump (to get it above the beta thread)
When I like to do basic flying, I turn to A2A Aircraft, cause A2A "basic" flying means "complex" procedures.

wothan
Staff Sergeant

Post by wothan »

hmmm........

211 views after 8 days and not a single feedback here :|

Maybe it´s simply too hardcore :roll:

FinnJ

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by lonewulf47 »

Well, maybe people are simply too spoilt to try a simple but true navigation method :lol: It's too easy to fly single heading over the Atlantic ocean and go to sleep in between... Maybe that's the fate of everything that goes beyond "common" flying. Don't worry, I like it nevertheless and I have done 2 Atlantic crossings and one from KSFO to Hawaii. It's really fun !
Oskar

ASUS MAXIMUS XI Hero, i9-9900K 8 Core OC 5.2 GHz, WIN10-64Bit, 32GB DDR5, Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Strix, 2x 2 TB SSD M.2, 1x 2 TB SSD, 1 monitor 4k, AS4, EFB on remote PC

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

Unfortunately, I can't review it yet because I've not been on a flight that takes me near enough any of them for them to be of use. Following the old Pan-Am route from Sydney to Honolulu then an "equipment swap" to Portland and Seattle takes me well away from any of the ships.

wothan
Staff Sergeant

Post by wothan »

Lol

At least You keep me motivated Oskar :D

Well I´m far from disappointed..
It just emphasise the fact that alot of flightsimmers has a high demand on ultra realistic aircraft, but not demand the same level of realism for their own navigational skills.
As You say - they either set a fixed heading over the ocean, uses a GPS or a moving map like the one available in the A2A aircrafts.

If You find further bugs or request some additional features, please tel,l and I will try if I can update it.

FinnJ

blackhawks
Technical Sergeant

Post by blackhawks »

Finn,

This looks fantastic, and I was watching your progress on the beta the whole time. I haven't had a chance to do that long of a flight to try it out. The lack of posts tells me that it is working correctly for those who have tried it. So it is sitting in my download folder until I get the time to use it. Thanks for taking the time to make it, even if some of us are slow on the feedback.
-mike

Nico
Senior Airman

Post by Nico »

I really like this kind of stuff, and I appreciate your efforts. I just didn't have had any time to test it so far. I have even started to modify the panel gfx for my own use a while ago.

Now all I need is the se.xtant mod. I just don't know how to install it with COTS and the new weathership gauge.

spesimen
Airman

Post by spesimen »

for what it's worth, i finally made a forum account because of this gauge so i could post a thanks! it is pretty sweet. i've used it on 2 atlantic crossings so far. i still had to cheat a little with the map though, to sanity check what i thought i was seeing :)
nice work on the mod, having the nav calc in there is a nice touch also
cheers,
-andy crosby

Ian P
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian P »

I can't really comment, either, because inbetween FSX crashes (it doesn't like changing views after flying for seven hours, apparently...) I'm flying down Africa still whenever I get a chance.

I do want to at least one Atlantic crossing in each direction, so I'll use the gauge when I do. Your efforts a greatly appreciated.

One thing I learned a long time ago in this hobby/industry, never expect a lot - if any - feedback from anyone for what you've done. I'm sure it's written as a rule, somewhere. :mrgreen:

Ian P.

Nico
Senior Airman

Post by Nico »

After an involuntary break of some months I have fired the 377 up again and tried to install the gauge, but it doesn't show up. I have copied the CAB file to the Panel folder, entered the data into the cfg, but in the sim it doesn't work. :cry: The beta did work, though. Any ideas?

Nico
Senior Airman

Post by Nico »

Nevermind! After another try it seems to work now. No idea what was different now. Anyway, great work!

CRz
Airman Basic

Post by CRz »

Just to say thanks for this and support your efforts. They are appreciated. Don't know if you have said anything about this in the calclassic propliner or DC3 airways forums but I believe that there are many there that would use and appreciate it.

guenseli
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by guenseli »

I dig out this old thread as I managed it today the first time to start an Atlantic crossing in the B377.

Finn, this is really a great adition and makes crossings so much easier.
Many thanks for this great gauge!!!!

(looking forward to see this on the PMDG DC6 also :wink: )

n72.75
Senior Airman

Post by n72.75 »

Lewis posted a link to this on twitter. I must say, I'm impressed.

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Stratocruiser”