COTS Connie / Stratocruiser upgrade

BIG, double-deck, four-engine, medium to long range, high altitude, high speed, commercial transport airplane
new reply
BrentBeale
Senior Airman

COTS Connie / Stratocruiser upgrade

Post by BrentBeale »

Scott / Lewis
I'm interested in hearing from A2A if we will be seeing some improvements to the Stratocruiser derived from the development work that was done for the Constellation.

I see the question was asked before but the thread went a bit sideways and was never answered.

Cheers
Brent

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: COTS Connie / Stratocruiser upgrade

Post by Scott - A2A »

When we started out on the Connie the plan was to stay parallel to the 377 to insure as much compatibility and therefore be able to push many of these improvements back to the 377. That plan eventually fizzled out as the Connie took on it's own path (and many months beyond schedule). We took notes along the way for things in the Connie that would be able to be put into the 377, and do plan on putting those through. But this is like doing brain surgery, and we have to be careful not to open a can of worms, as the 377 is a solid, reliable platform. IOW, we will need to proceed with extreme caution and conservatism to not break anything.

So the 377 should get an update down the road, but what is in the update is not known atm.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Scott

Thank you for your update
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

pilotdude3407
Airman Basic

Post by pilotdude3407 »

A full maintenance hanger with the ability to manage all 28 cylinders, turbo superchargers, pumps, mags, etc. Too much? [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

I would like to see the C-97 be added.
Using Tapatalk

BrentBeale
Senior Airman

Post by BrentBeale »

Scott - A2A wrote:...So the 377 should get an update down the road, but what is in the update is not known atm.

Scott.
Thanks very much for the news. To be honest, considering the age of both the B377 (I purchased almost 9 yrs ago) and then it's COTS upgrade I'd be amazed if you were able to use the technology developed for the Connie into the B377.

The longevity of your work with the Strat is a testament to the creativity and effort that A2A puts into their software. :D

Brent
Brent Beale
i7-7700K, ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming, Asus GeForce GTX 970, 32Gb, W10 64bit, FSX with Accel, DX10

J3 Cub, C172, C182, PA-180, PA-250, B377 Stratocruiser, P47, P51, B17, T6, Constellation

ThomasAH
Airman First Class

Post by ThomasAH »

Is the fix for the throttle problem after reverse thrust still on the horizon?
People reported good results with the test files you mentioned here: https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto ... 30#p426834

Stratocruiser2
Senior Airman

Post by Stratocruiser2 »

BrentBeale wrote:
Scott - A2A wrote:...So the 377 should get an update down the road, but what is in the update is not known atm.

Scott.
Thanks very much for the news. To be honest, considering the age of both the B377 (I purchased almost 9 yrs ago) and then it's COTS upgrade I'd be amazed if you were able to use the technology developed for the Connie into the B377.

The longevity of your work with the Strat is a testament to the creativity and effort that A2A puts into their software. :D

Brent
The COTS upgrade breathed new life into the already great B377 and really made a complex aircraft much more manageable in terms of flying it on your own. I use it a lot more now than I did before I installed the COTS upgrade.

Bill

Warbirds
Technical Sergeant

Post by Warbirds »

Scott how about just a P3Dv4 upgrade now and wait for the new bells and whistles to come later so we can at least fly this great old bird.
Paul Grubich 2018
Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Warbirds, that is probably where we will go with this. The Spitfire is the first airplane that will be released for P3Dv4 and hopefully the rest will follow quicker once this blazes that trail.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Stratocruiser”