Repaint request

With the Flying Tigers shark-toothed paint, the P40 is the most famous fighter of the second world war.
new reply
stealthboy
Airman Basic

Repaint request

Post by stealthboy »

I recently found that my grandfather flew a P-40 in 1941. His plane was called 'Elusive "E" II'.
His name was Walter Bober, and flew a plain green fighter. I do not know what unit or squadron, but it would make me very happy if someone could do a repaint for this bird. the most important part is the nose art which read "elusive "E" II"in red and had a arrow pointing to the cockpit, in the color blue.

thanks for consideration,
stealthboy

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Repaint request

Post by Skycat »

I assume that he was in the U.S. Army? This would make a difference on the markings used on the plane, and if you know where he flew his missions that might help narrow down the unit he was in and possibly suggest specific markings or colorations.

The fact that your grandfather's aircraft had nose art at all suggests to me that he was flying this aircraft later than 1941 since the peacetime Army generally did not allow such personalization of aircraft. The U.S. did not officially enter the war until December, 1941, and it wasn't until units were actually engaged in combat operations that the practice of noseart was allowed to flourish.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

new reply

Return to “P40 Warhawk / Tomahawk”