My poor P-40...

With the Flying Tigers shark-toothed paint, the P40 is the most famous fighter of the second world war.
new reply
wallydog
Senior Airman

My poor P-40...

Post by wallydog »

Ever since Accusim came out my poor P-40 has been sitting in the hanger collecting dust. This was my first payware product for flight simulator and it was worth every cent. Not long afterward I added the Accusim P-47 and was blown away...this created a whole new level of realism I never experienced before with any flight or combat sim and I was hooked. I've added the Piper cub which is tons of fun to fly, the B-17, and recently the Spit; all amazing. I just love all these old warbirds and learning all the nuances for each. I am longing for the Mustang but I was feeling nostalgic today and wondering if or when my poor P-40 will get some accusim love.

Cheers.

rwmarth
Senior Airman

Re: My poor P-40...

Post by rwmarth »

An Accusim P-40 is tops on my list as well. Followed by the 109. But a P-51 will be quite nice as well ;)

Shadow
Airman Basic

Post by Shadow »

A few weeks before the Spitfire was released, it left Hangar B to the rear area for painting. The Spit was in Hangar B for the early months of being built for Accu-Sim, and last we know, there is still a lot of Accu-Sim testing equipment in there.

However, early last week there was word of another occupant in Hangar B (we cannot confirm this yet however). What is interesting is, the P51 and SpitV airframe are completely across, on the other side of the airfield out in the open.

We've increased surveillance in and around Hangar B.

gravel
Airman

Post by gravel »

I love my P-40, such a beauty and a blast to fly.
I do really enjoy my 109 a lot however, much more than I thought I would.

Ever heard of Erik Shilling? (one of the two guys credited with the shark nose design!)

I thought this was interesting though:
http://yarchive.net/mil/p40.html

Cheers,

Jim

new reply

Return to “P40 Warhawk / Tomahawk”