Shockwave 3D LIGHTS REDUX FSX install disables GPS

Turn ON the LIGHTS for Microsoft FS9 / FSX with this all-new version of a great package
new reply
jonr
Airman Basic

Shockwave 3D LIGHTS REDUX FSX install disables GPS

Post by jonr »

No problem with install, The landing light is now nice and bright on my default C172, just wish I had taxi lights. When I turn on my Emuteq 530W GPS. the "on" rotary knob (switch) takes my view to an external side view of the aircraft. As I turn the knob it cycles through the external views back to the cockpit view. Upon further observation, all of the GPS rotory switches do the same thing. I set the view I want on a Seitek yoke button. The GPS will not turn on (inoperative). When I uninstall the 3D lights, the GPS works fine. Help! I can't even imagine why this is happening. How does one have anything to do with the other???

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Shockwave 3D LIGHTS REDUX FSX install disables GPS

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

the 3d lights wont cause this as its just effect files nothing to do with controls or views.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

jonr
Airman Basic

Post by jonr »

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me! Your reply is exactly what I was thinking, however the anomaly goes away when I uninstall the 3D lights. The Emuteq 530W GPS uses assigned knobs, buttons and switches from the FSUIPC ini file. Some how that assignment is being changed. I will try to get to the bottom of this but for now can't use the 3D lights REDUX program with my C172 Panel. I will let you know if I figure this out....don't we just love this hobby:-)

Thanks,

Jonr

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Does the GPS require any cfg changes I wonder if the effects change for your 172 is disabling a change previously made and vice versa?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

jonr
Airman Basic

Post by jonr »

Hi Lewis,
Yes, and I agree that something is being changed in the FSX config. file when the effects are added. The Emuteq 530 GPS and its software RealityXP require 3 modifications to FSX . FSUIPC4 has to be mapped for all the buttons on the GPS. The FSUIPC.INI is located in the FSX\Modules file. The RealityXP RXPGNS.INI file also has to be mapped to know the functions of the key presses (buttons) . Lastly, the C172 panel config. file has to modified to size the panel to fit the VGA screen. So, there is a lot of modifications for this install. I have sent an email to Emuteq to see what there thoughts are but haven't heard back.

Thank you for getting back to me. My next step would be to reinstall 3D LIGHTS REDUX and compare the modified files before and after to see if and what changes. I really like the landing light improvement. The FSX light hardly lights the runway and thre is no taxi light. Since I use a complete C172 panel with gauges/ controls and nav/com stacks, I don't need the other lights, but it is still worth the effort because I do a lot of night flying.

Best regards,

jonr

new reply

Return to “A2A Simulations 3D LIGHTS REDUX”