Possible to remove/edit out 3D landing light effect?

Turn ON the LIGHTS for Microsoft FS9 / FSX with this all-new version of a great package
new reply
malibu43
Airman

Possible to remove/edit out 3D landing light effect?

Post by malibu43 »

I just picked up the 3D lights redux package and really like them.

However, I'm not sure if I really like how the 3D landing light "cone" is visible during the day, or even at night in clear weather. I think you should only see it when flying through haze or fog, or maybe a little at night if it's clear. I really like the rest of the landing light effects, especially the way it's much brighter when viewed from head on.

Is there something I can comment out in the landing light effects files to get ride of the 3D "cone" effect but leave everything else?

Thanks!

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Possible to remove/edit out 3D landing light effect?

Post by Scott - A2A »

In the aircraft.cfg, look under [EFFECTS] and you can comment out the effects for the landing and taxi lights.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

malibu43
Airman

Post by malibu43 »

Thanks, but I think you misunderstood my question.

I don't want to remove the shockwave lights from the aircraft altogether. I'm only interested in removing the cone-shaped beam of light that extends out of the landing light. I'd like the actuall landing light to still be visible on the leading edge of the wing when viewed form head-on.

I tried looking through the effect file to see if I could figure out which emitter in the effect was tied to the cone-shaped beam of light, but it wasn't obvious to me. I was hoping someone could maybe point me in the right direction.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

The landing and taxi lights are just the cones. The cone effect is also responsible for brightness flare when looking at the lights, so by removing the cone, you remove the light as the cone IS the light.

I hope this answers your question,
Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

malibu43
Airman

Post by malibu43 »

Thanks. I guess that does answer my question. I was hoping the different emitters were used for the different parts of the landing light effect, but I guess that is not the case.

For now I have just selected the install option to have landing lights not show in the day time.

new reply

Return to “A2A Simulations 3D LIGHTS REDUX”