Re: A2A (Accu-Sim) Update (OLD COMMENTS)

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Great Ozzie
A2A Test Pilot

Re: A2A (Accu-Sim) Update 07/15/2014 - DOWNLOAD

Post by Great Ozzie »

I can "forget about it" if that your desire.

Another option - either in this thread or open another - allow the community here to help troubleshoot. That was the whole point of me taking the time to re-update the C172 and post the results... not to "rub it in your face"... but to check the connection from my location to aid in troubleshooting.

------------
I went thru this thread and noted the following download speed results:

"Fast"
U.S. - Arizona (South West), Indiana (Mid-West), Oregon (NorthWest Coast), Texas (South Central)
Edinburgh

"Seemed OK"
Vietnam ("As Expected")
South Wales UK ("As Expected")

"First Attempt Slow - Next Day Fast"
Southern Germany
Norway

"Poor"
Switzerland
Frankfurt/Main in Hessen, Germany

------------
Scott - A2A wrote: My download speeds are slow?
Our servers are working fast 99.9% of the time (the same ones that house our online store), and if speeds at your location is slow, this means the slow down is not at our servers but somewhere between our servers and your location.
That seems to me a reasonable statement... as does this one:
Oracle427 wrote:This would likely be caused by an issue between your ISP and the servers hosting the A2A software. Running a traceroute might reveal some latency in the network.
Rob Osborne
Flight Instructor - CFI, CFII, MEI, MEII
A & P Mechanic

FAASTeam - Safer Skies Through Education
Professionalism in aviation is the pursuit of excellence through discipline, ethical behavior and continuous improvement. NBAA

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

If you want to test your download/upload speed try this link. http://www.speedtest.net/ I dont know how accurate it will be at different locations but it works well in the Ottawa Ontario area.

Keep smiling
Tug :)

JimmiG
Airman

Post by JimmiG »

Tug002 wrote:If you want to test your download/upload speed try this link. http://www.speedtest.net/ I dont know how accurate it will be at different locations but it works well in the Ottawa Ontario area.

Keep smiling
Tug :)
The first time I tried to update the C172, I got about 80 bytes/second and the download failed after a few minutes after downloading a few KB.

Now it's at least working. although I'm only getting about 1MB/second. Seems you need to try a few times before the magical, flawless A2A servers deem you worthy.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

The Internet is not point to point network where personal computers connect directly to servers to exchange information. When connecting across the Internet many machines are involved and a poor quality connection at any point will impact the whole service.

The route taken depends on many factors and is generally beyond the control of both of the parties exchanging data.

I have seen a connection between NY and Melbourne perform very poorly on a corporate WAN until it was discovered that one of the hops was basically operating at 56kb speeds. As soon as that was addressed, the traffic speeds were normal.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

Yep, my high tech satellite connection is always influenced by some hoobub in DC taking off his nasty underpants, causing a shift in the ozone layer, that causes a spike in solar radiation from sunspots, deflected by volcanic activity in Iceland, routed through a shanty on a hillside in India, and by the time it gets to the satellite beaming to my dish, it can be as stable as a 30 year old corroded box of nitro glycerin.........way too many factors at play to blame one server 8) If it doesn't work the first go around, yes it is frustrating, but not the end of the world......

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Our servers are up and working 100% ok. If you have issues please check your connection and ISP etc. As noted you connect via many connections but I won't go into networking 101 here ;)

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Erlk0enig
A2A Mechanic

Post by Erlk0enig »

Mr.Düssel wrote:Because it can't be my fault... I'm not living on a coconut Island... But forget about it.... Be happy, that you need just a minute and allow me to be angry because it takes 2hours here...
I live near Heidelberg, which is also far from being Coconut Island. I really hate to say this, but after I experienced similar awfully slow DL rates, I reviewed my speeds and also my Internet Servie Provider. Luckily, I could switch from a poor 6 MBit/s DSL (which in fact I almost never reached) to a Glas fiber with 100 MBit at very little effort..... Which now makes DL speed possible in the range of 12 MByte/s, no matter which time of day.... It really wasn't A2A's fault. I highly recommend you to check your speeds and look for some faster connection. Frankfurt area should give plenty of options.

All the Best,
E.
Best Regards,
Ralf

R9 7900 X, 64 GB DDR5, RTX4090, HP Reverb G2

Mr.Düssel
Airman First Class

Re: AW: A2A (Accu-Sim) Update 07/15/2014 - DOWNLOAD

Post by Mr.Düssel »

Thanks for all the hints, but I'm downloading all the time with 1.5Mb/s (16000).... But really, this connection is good enough for nearly everything and the last thing I would do is to upgrade my already fast connection in order to get a patch.... But thanks anyway. Now I have the Cessy updated and next little patches will be not the big problem, like it was already mentioned...
Cheers,
Stephan

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

near Stuttgart, Southern Germany here... DL 3,5-4,0kbit/s on A2A, 3,5-4,0 on Steam, same on other sites... and that's what my connection can do... no problem at all.. seems to be the providers.. And make sure, your anti virus won't slow it down, I experienced this with kaspersky... with it I had hardly 1,5kbit/s...

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

So there have been no new updates since 7/15 right?
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

CaptKornDog
Airman First Class

Post by CaptKornDog »

CaptKornDog wrote:I have two questions regarding this update (trying to get all my A2A products reinstalled and in order since a fix for the P-51 tail wheel has been found, discussed on my other thread).
There is a new slider in the lower left corner of the CONTROLS menu (SHIFT-3) called the "Simulated elevator force" slider (will be labelled later) which the user can adjust the elevator sensitivity based on the simulated forces on the yoke. A value of 0 is the current setup for deflection flyers, and pressure flyers can move the scalar up to fit their needs. This would give full elevator authority at slower speeds, yet allow those who find it too sensitive on their controllers to adjust to their personal preferences.
Does this still exist? I do recall being in the Controls menu but since this update, I can't seem to find it.

Additionally, what is
- Repaints configuration system
I can't seem to find any reference or software related to this anywhere.

Thanks!
Any chance anyone has information to my questions above?

Thanks!

Racartron
Airman

Post by Racartron »

I'm a bit rusty on updating. I have several A2A birds but not the C172 (yet). All of the updates EXCEPT the 05152014 have been installed.

Am I correct in assuming when I buy the Cessna(this week) all I have to do is run the latest Accu-sim update? Or do I have to run any of the earlier ones to get it into compliance?

Also, I normally keep all of my A2A birds offline except when I am using one. My plan is to load all of them (except the Cherokee) into fsX, then run the latest update. Is that the proper protocol?

Thanx in advance.

PS: My A2a inventory includes:
Piper Cub
Spitfire
P-40
P-51D Mil
P-51D Civ
B-17G
Cherokee
Racartron
"it means something but I can't remember what"

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes, you need simply run the latest updater and it will detect what you have correctly installed and update as required.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: A2A (Accu-Sim) Update 09/26/2014 - DOWNLOAD

Post by Scott - A2A »

Updated 09/26/2014
A2A Simulations Inc.

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: A2A (Accu-Sim) Update 09/26/2014 - DOWNLOAD

Post by taildraggin68 »

Updated....Landing lights on cherokee are amazing in P3D, initial test pattern was butter smooth in handling and flap behavior much better......nice update :D

Thanks A2A team

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”