3rd Party Aircraft Issues

Turn ON the LIGHTS for Microsoft FS9 / FSX with this all-new version of a great package
new reply
SirTommy
Airman Basic

3rd Party Aircraft Issues

Post by SirTommy »

Hi,
Just got my lights positioned pretty well on the Carenado Baron 58 by using these numbers:

http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... do#p187526

However, when in spot view, the landing light beams flash or "black out" each time the strobes flash (but not from every view angle). When I turn the strobes off, the landing light beams dim with each flash of the rotating beacon. So, basically, I have flashing landing light beams in spot view unless I turn off all the other flashing lights.

In the virtual cockpit, the landing light beams "bleed through" the AC and show up as blotches on the instrument panel. The default FSX Baron does not have these issues, so I'm assuming there are probably tweaks for all of this. Do I also need to add Redux strobes and beacon somehow? I'm not experienced with code, so I'm looking for advice to remedy these 3rd party AC issues (I was sold on the software when I read "can be installed in 3rd party aircraft" because that's primarily what I fly). Hope it can be fixed because I really enjoy the realism when it works right. Thanks!

SirTommy
Airman Basic

Re: 3rd Party Aircraft Issues

Post by SirTommy »

Ok, with a bit of tinkering I answered my own question. Adding the REDUX strobes solved the flashing landing light issue with the strobes and/or the beacon on. Using the narrow landing light solved the problem of the beam bleeding through the instrument panel. Looks fantastic now. The only other little thing I've noticed was after lifting off the runway with the landing lights on there were some momentary hard edges in the beams from the VC view. All else looks great. (I also moved the lights from 6.55 to 6.50 using a red nav light to make the centering more accurate.)

[LIGHTS]
//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing
light.0 = 2, -6.55, -18.07, 1.58, fx_shockwave_strobe ,
light.1 = 2, -6.85, 18.00, 1.58, fx_shockwave_strobe ,
light.2 = 8, -3.30, -13.40, 1.70, fx_icelightcarb8,
light.3 = 10, -11.30, 0.00, 2.90, fx_vclightcarb8,
light.4 = 10, -6.50, 0.00, 3.40, fx_vclightcarb8,
light.5 = 6, 1.0, 0.0, -0.9, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow // Shockwave light
light.6 = 5, -1.5, 6.50, 0.5, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow //shockwave light
light.7 = 5, -1.5, -6.50, 0.5, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow //shockwave light

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

SirTommy,

Choosing the narrow beam so it doesn't bleed through the airframe is the right idea, and part of the reason why we created the narrow beam.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

SirTommy
Airman Basic

Post by SirTommy »

Scott - A2A wrote:SirTommy,

Choosing the narrow beam so it doesn't bleed through the airframe is the right idea, and part of the reason why we created the narrow beam.

Scott.

Thanks, Scott. By the way, is there something I can tweak to allow the REDUX taxi light beam to move with the nosewheel steering (like the default Carenado Baron ground beam does)?

new reply

Return to “A2A Simulations 3D LIGHTS REDUX”