Shockwave 3d lights config question

Turn ON the LIGHTS for Microsoft FS9 / FSX with this all-new version of a great package
new reply
firstinflight
Airman Basic

Shockwave 3d lights config question

Post by firstinflight »

Using this line from tutorial post as an example -
light.6 = 6, -20.0, 0.0, -11.5, fx_Shockwave_landing_light_747_nose // Shockwave light

Question 1
Is the part - "fx_Shockwave_landing_light_747_nose" - a user selected description OR does this have to be one of the light descriptions in the pdf help file that came with the software?

I ask because some of the light types that users refer to in this forum are NOT in the PDF help file. One of those other examples is -"fx_shockwave_landing_light_low"

Question 2
gauge21=shockwave_lights!SW Lights_taxi_gear, 1,1,1,1 //shockwave light

Similarly - My pdf manual does not speak about "Lights_taxi_gear" - it only describes "Lights_gear".

Where are these other options described?

Question 3
I use my sim in a triple projection setup. Regardless of what type of light I use for taxi light, xenon, standard or any other, I can barely see any light on the taxiway.
I have double and triple checked the aircraft.cfg for the default 737-800 and the panel file to ensure the lines are present.

regards,
firstinflight

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Shockwave 3d lights config question

Post by Scott - A2A »

Firstinflight,
For 100% confirmation, look to your EFFECTS folder and sort by name. The same with your GAUGES folder. Also, 3dlight doesn't mess with runway illumination. That is handled globally and we felt fsx chose a good balance. Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

firstinflight
Airman Basic

Post by firstinflight »

Scott -
Thanks. Will do today.
However, I will sincerely appreciate your input on my two other questions.
The manual that got installed with the software does not list those light types.

Regards,
Firstinflight

Trooper63
Airman Basic

Post by Trooper63 »

Scott et alia,

I've just searched my Effects folder in FSX and cant see any taxi lights?

I have had the lights for a long time and never knew there were taxi lights. How do I get them, or are they extra?

Sean

Trooper63
Airman Basic

Post by Trooper63 »

Hey, where can i find the taxi lights? I've searched my effects folder in FSX to no avail.

new reply

Return to “A2A Simulations 3D LIGHTS REDUX”