Landing Lights Won't Move

Turn ON the LIGHTS for Microsoft FS9 / FSX with this all-new version of a great package
new reply
KillerK
Airman Basic

Landing Lights Won't Move

Post by KillerK »

Hi there,
I'm trying to add the lighting effects (landing lights in particular) to an aircraft (SkySpirit's 767-300ER) but I noticed the landing light placement won't budge from it's position regardless of what number I change the X position to. I've tried changing the effect's X position to any number but it's like the light is stuck in the position irrespective of me changing values. If I change the name of the effect it will switch the effect, but the positioning remains. Here is what I am using with regards to configuration:

[LIGHTS]
light.0 = 5, 26, 10, -3.1, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow
light.1 = 5, 26, -10, -3.1, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow
light.2 = 5, 28, 9.6, -3.1, fx_shockwave_landing_light_light
light.3 = 5, 28, -9.6, -3.1, fx_shockwave_landing_light_light
light.4 = 6, 77.0, 1, -8, fx_shockwave_landing_light
light.5 = 6, 77.0, -1, -8, fx_shockwave_landing_light
light.5 = 3, 55.000, 0.000, -4.000, Opensky_nacelle_refl , // front cargo
light.6 = 3, -32.000, 0.000, -4.000, Opensky_nacelle_refl , // rear cargo
light.7 = 5, 80.000, 0.000, -6.350, Opensky_767_Nose_Gear, // gear bay taxi light rays from taxi lights

The effect in question are the first two lines which activate the main landing lights near the wing root. No matter what value I change the "26" to the lights stay in the same position (behind the modeled light). It doesn't matter if I reboot the sim with any different value, the lights are always in the same position.

I'm experienced with adding the effects to other aircraft so I'm quite stumped as to why this aircraft in particular is behaving as such. Any help would be very appreciated.

I am using FS2004.

Edit: Ok this is pretty perplexing, change the number to 30 and the light's suddenly moved forward. Earlier I changed it to 45 and they didn't budge, but 30 seemed to work? What gives...

new reply

Return to “A2A Simulations 3D LIGHTS REDUX”