3D Lights on Triple Monitors Nvidia Surround 680Gtx

Turn ON the LIGHTS for Microsoft FS9 / FSX with this all-new version of a great package
new reply
Bozdog
Airman First Class

3D Lights on Triple Monitors Nvidia Surround 680Gtx

Post by Bozdog »

Hello is anyone running these on a triple monitor setup with an nvidia card. I have spent ages trying to sort out lights with various halo files and cfg changes. I can either get the runways nice, but then the AI aircraft are poor and vise versa. Wondered if anyone with a triple screen setup has installed these and if so what they are like.

Many thanks for your advise

Chers

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: 3D Lights on Triple Monitors Nvidia Surround 680Gtx

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

thanks for posting, can you tell us the resolution you are using and ill give it a tweet to see if any other users can help on this one.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Bozdog
Airman First Class

Post by Bozdog »

Hi running bezel corrected 6054x 1920
Regards

selkan
Airman Basic

Post by selkan »

Just thought I'd chine here. I use a TripleHead2Go Unit with three Projectors (native resolution 1024 X 768) (Total 3072 X 768). Some time ago I obtained a new Halo.bmp file, I believe from Avsim. This enhanced my runway lights etc considerably. A few days ago I ran the Redux Utility (V 1.2?), and flying into Bari Italy (Aerosoft), I noticed my runway lights etc were now terrible again. I had a look at my FSX Texture Folder, and noticed that my Halo.bmp file had been replaced having run the Redux Utility. I replaced with the Avsim one, and all was fine again as far as runways etc go.

However, having run the Redux Utility, I noticed my Redux lights were much better on my default 737-800 I use for my homebuilt cockpit, as well as my AI Traffic (MyTrafficX). So, in short at present I can't have good runway lights, and very good Redux lights. It's more important to have good runway etc lights for me.

Is this something the A2A team could look into. I can tell you that the Halo.bmp file from Avsim is about 340 ? size, while the Redux Halo.bmp is about 287 ? size. This may help with indentification?

JohnHubb
Airman

Post by JohnHubb »

Sorry to pick this up late.

I've similar problems with my Nvidia surround triple monitor set up. The resolution is 6003 x 1920. The REX runway lights produced huge bright globes (for the reasons explained above - 1900 x1200 textures stretched to 6003 x 1900). At the moment I am manually adjusting runway lights using the FSX default halo.bmp. I am reasonably pleased with these now.

The current problem is the landing lights on AI planes. These shine out like supernovae obliterating the aircraft as it comes in to land. I can only change these by changing the halo.bmp in the main texture file. This will have undesirable knock-on effects on other lights and lighting.

With increasing number of folks using multi monitor setups this problem is going to affect more and more users.
It would be good if A2A could take a look at these issues and see if anything can be done.

new reply

Return to “A2A Simulations 3D LIGHTS REDUX”