Missing Default Lights

Turn ON the LIGHTS for Microsoft FS9 / FSX with this all-new version of a great package
new reply
N738NM
Airman Basic

Missing Default Lights

Post by N738NM »

Hello. I tried to uninstall the 3D Lights Redux, but it didn't work. I still had the 3D lights on my aircraft. And, I can't seem to find any backup for my default FSX lights. Suggestions? Thanks.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Missing Default Lights

Post by Scott - A2A »

Did you run the installer and choose "uninstall" ?

You should have a SHOCKWAVE LIGHTS folder in your FSX directory with backups of any file replaced. The uninstall should take these files and put them back.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

N738NM
Airman Basic

Post by N738NM »

Hi, Scott. I followed the procedures and it did not replace the default lights. I do have a folder called "Redux_Backup" in my FSX folder, but it doesn't look like it has much in there (two strobe files in the "Effects" subfolder, a "SimObjects" folder with some of the aircraft, and a "Texture" folder with one file in it called "halo").

I actually don't mind the 3D lights on the aircraft. They are a bit too bright and too 3D for me (if there can be such a thing). However, I can't read a vasi to save my life at night (and during the day, too) because the lights are too bright (in fact almost blinding if I've turned off any ambient lighting in the room).

Do I need to do a "repair" of my FSX installation (little worried about that since I have dozens of addons) if I want my default lights back? Or, is there a way of turning down the intensity and size of the ground-based lighting?

Thanks for your help. -- Dana

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Did you install any other programs that may have edited those runway lights? All 3d lights does do, if you ask it to, is add a flare effect but doesn't automatically mess with the intensities.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

N738NM
Airman Basic

Post by N738NM »

Hi, again, Scott. No other addons that would mess with the lights. How can I remove the flare effect on airport lights (runway, taxi, vasi, papi)? Thanks for your help with this! -- Dana

N738NM
Airman Basic

Post by N738NM »

Hi, Scott. I must have lost the original halo.bmp file. I found a modified halo file along with a couple of strobe files over at the avsim file library. I uninstalled SW3D again and then replaced the files with the avsim ones and this has solved my issue. Thanks -- Dana

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Ah, interesting, so you had no halo.bmp file?
A2A Simulations Inc.

N738NM
Airman Basic

Post by N738NM »

Hi, Scott. Yeah, I'm not sure how it disappeared (one of the many mysteries of FSX : ) Uh, seriously, I went back and checked my add-ons. I'm wondering if my REX installation somehow was part of this. In any case, the uninstall worked. However, now I'm missing the 3D lights on my planes. Anyway, can I have my cake and eat it, too? I mean can I keep the enhanced halo effect off of ground lights, but added on to my aircraft? I'm not sure this is possible, but, like I said, I'm already missing the SW3D on the planes. Thanks -- Dana

new reply

Return to “A2A Simulations 3D LIGHTS REDUX”