installing 3D lights error

Turn ON the LIGHTS for Microsoft FS9 / FSX with this all-new version of a great package
new reply
DHR
Airman

installing 3D lights error

Post by DHR »

Hello! My problem is in the installing of the 3d lights. I get about 3/4 of the way through then get a message. "Either FSX is not installed or the directory is corrupt. Please reinstall FSX". ?? Can anyone help me with this? I do NOT want to reinstall this beast. BTW.. I tried to update with the latest from June 09, but it shutsdown and gives me a message, "Texture/halo.bmp file is missing"

Thanks!

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: installing 3D lights error

Post by Scott - A2A »

DHR,

Does the installer automatically find the location of FSX and start installing? If so, have you renamed or removed any default FSX aircraft?

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

DHR
Airman

Post by DHR »

Hi Scott! I have not removed any of the default aircraft, and the installer does not find FSX. I have to browse for it and once found it starts to install then quits 3/4 of the way through.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

DHR,

First try this, because if the installer cannot find FSX, then the registry entries are likely not right:
http://www.flight1software.com/files/FS ... Repair.exe

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

DHR
Airman

Post by DHR »

Hello Scott! That seems to have worked. I have tried FSX (a quick flight) and have good lighting now. Thanks for all the info and help. I can see now!.. Keep up the great work!

jofo
Airman Basic

Post by jofo »

Hello,

I am having the same problem, with the 1.2a utility. After I am asked about the Bell helicopter lights (0,22,45 degrees), it says it can't open halo.bmp. I was asked which FS version I have, but it is able to find it on its own.

Josh

DHR
Airman

Post by DHR »

I believe what was happening here was the installation was having a hard time following the correct path to FSX . Follow the link above and it should correct this pathway. Its caused by adding and removing files, over time the path gets a little "worn"

jofo
Airman Basic

Post by jofo »

Tried it, with the same result.

Also, I did a search for halo.bmp, and it came up with two:
C:\Program Files\Shockwave 3D Lights Redux\wings\backup\halo.bmp
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ShockwaveLights\Redux_Backup\Texture\halo.bmp

Not sure if that means anything, but I would think that there should be one in the main FSX texture folder (or similar).

Also also, the utility is saying
Copying file:
<path to fsx>\\Texture\halo_BAK.bmp

Note the double-slash, and a file name that doesn't exist.

DHR
Airman

Post by DHR »

Not the kind of thing you want to hear..but you are now outside of my expertise. I hope for your sake Scott or other more knowledgeable folks here at A2A read this. They certainly will be able to help.

jofo
Airman Basic

Post by jofo »

I got it! I copied one of the backedup halo.bmp's I had to the FSX\textures folder, and the updater worked. :)

new reply

Return to “A2A Simulations 3D LIGHTS REDUX”