Lights have bad quality

Turn ON the LIGHTS for Microsoft FS9 / FSX with this all-new version of a great package
new reply
popotech
Airman Basic

Lights have bad quality

Post by popotech »

Hey guys!

Take a look at this:

It looks quite strange, althought the aircraft details are on ultrahigh.

Some more information: It's the Wilco A319 used in FSX. I hope you can help me to solve the problem.

Greetings Daniel

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Lights have bad quality

Post by Scott - A2A »

If you are talking about the layering effect on the fuse, you have to choose the narrow lights and be very careful how to place them. These underwing fuse lights are the most challenging.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

popotech
Airman Basic

Post by popotech »

Ahh, thanks! Of course I mean the layering effect :wink: Do you have any idea how I have to place the narrows and which I have to chose? Cause I already tryed with 2 configurations, I found in the readme and here in the forum. But the problem was the same both times...

€dit: I'm using REX, may be a compatibility problem with it? Cause I think, REX changes the lights as well :shock:

Greetings Daniel

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

We are actually working on some experimental stuff that could make this much easier atm, but right now, it's just something you have to give and take until you get just the right effect.

I would choose the narrow lights and place them as low and away from the lower wing root and fuse as much as possible, w/o it looking like the lights are too off their mark.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

popotech
Airman Basic

Post by popotech »

Ok, guys I was waiting for some time now and I wasn't able to solve the problem on myself. The layer effect don't wants to go away :wink:
Could someone send me his entry of aircraft.cfg? If you can say that it works properly on your PC and I'll still have the same problem then maybe my FSX is broken...
Or is there another solution now?^^

I hope you can help me.
Thanks so far.

Greetings Daniel

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Daniel,

The layering affect is an artifact that will never go away completely. This is something that happens in almost every video game's particle system - what you are seeing is the billboard effect being clipped by the fuselage.

It's like anything in video gaming or simulations, you work to get the best possible result with the tools you have.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “A2A Simulations 3D LIGHTS REDUX”