Something Went Wrong with Shockwave Lights [resolved]

Turn ON the LIGHTS for Microsoft FS9 / FSX with this all-new version of a great package
new reply
Freedom5
Airman First Class

Something Went Wrong with Shockwave Lights [resolved]

Post by Freedom5 »

I was having some problems with FsX so I removed it and all of my add on programs then reloaded them starting with FsX, then the add ons. It was a long process but it took care of my earlier problems. Lastly I reloaded Shockwave 3D Lights Version 1.2. I checked the box to have the landing lights show during daylight when the gear is extended but now I have no lights at all. They worked perfectly before so I downloaded and reinstalled V1.2 three times but still no lights. I find all of the Shockwave folders installed in FsX program files but the data in the folders mean nothing to me since I am a user - not a programer.

It looks like I am grounded for night flying if I can't get a fix. Please advise.

Freedom 5

Freedom5
Airman First Class

Re: Something Went Wrong with Shockwave Lights

Post by Freedom5 »

I have spent several more hours trying to get the shoxkwave Lights to install. The program goes through all of the sequences and I find the Shockwave folders in my fsX files but when I go to the aircraft config files "Shockwave" lights are not listed. This is the same program I have been using and they worked fine before I removed all of my sim programs and reinstalled them to get rid of an error that had occured. I am running fsX in Vista with the acceleration pack. I had eliminated Microsoft SP1 because Microsoft said if you have the acceleration pack installed - do not download SP!. I have downloaded it anyway as it was previously in my computer before I installed the fsX Deluxe edition.

As of now I don't know what else to do. :?

Freedom5

Freedom5
Airman First Class

Post by Freedom5 »

Freedom5 wrote:I have spent several more hours trying to get the shoxkwave Lights to install. The program goes through all of the sequences and I find the Shockwave folders in my fsX files but when I go to the aircraft config files "Shockwave" lights are not listed. This is the same program I have been using and they worked fine before I removed all of my sim programs and reinstalled them to get rid of an error that had occured. I am running fsX in Vista with the acceleration pack. I had eliminated Microsoft SP1 because Microsoft said if you have the acceleration pack installed - do not download SP!. I have downloaded it anyway as it was previously in my computer before I installed the fsX Deluxe edition.

As of now I don't know what else to do. :?

Freedom5
OK, I finally solved the problem. After many frustrating hours it came to me while shaving this morning that maybe I should go back to the original purchased program and reinstall it. Bingo! it installed all of the lights into my generic aircraft ( I don't care about the add ons as I don't fly them). Then I logged back on and downloaded the upgrade to V 1.2.
:D

Freedom5

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Freedom,

Sorry for being so long to respond here. I am glad you are all set.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Freedom5
Airman First Class

Post by Freedom5 »

Scott - A2A wrote:Freedom,

Sorry for being so long to respond here. I am glad you are all set.

Scott.
Thanks for the response. I should have thought about loading the original program sooner. Guess I'm getting slow in my old age.

Freedom5

new reply

Return to “A2A Simulations 3D LIGHTS REDUX”