Light problems.

Turn ON the LIGHTS for Microsoft FS9 / FSX with this all-new version of a great package
new reply
artwilson
Airman Basic

Light problems.

Post by artwilson »

Hello Fellow Fliers.
I am new to this system and have a number of questions about 3D LIGHTS REDUX. I have plodded along using the wonderful product but I just can't seem to get everything right. My primary problem is, I cannot get the Taxi lights to works anywhere near correctly. When I put the gear up, all the lights go out or if I delete the necessary word to make this happen, I just have this huge clump of light where the nose gear should be if it were down. The only way I can get the landing lights to come on at FL10 is to drop the gear.
I could really use all of the help available from some "Seasoned Pilots" And believe me, all help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time.
Art Wilson :roll:

SweetApple_MC
Airman

Re: Light problems.

Post by SweetApple_MC »

Hi Art,

to me it seems like your taxi lights are defined as landing lights. Please check the [LIGHTS] section of your respective aircraft.cfg:

light.0=5, -67.20, 18.50, -6.2, Fx_shockwave_landing_light, // landing lights
light.1=6, -7.60, -1.30, -17.0, Fx_shockwave_landing_light_short, // taxi lights - nose gear

The code above is an example taken from a [LIGHTS] section of an aircraft.cfg. Please take a close look at the high lighted numbers which define the type of light effect:
1=beacon light, 2=strobe light, 3=navigation light, 4=cockpit illumination, 5=landing light, 6=taxi light

I hope this was helpful.

Best regards,
SweetApple_MC

RacingLad
Airman

Re: Light problems.

Post by RacingLad »

SweetApple

I have these lines in the .cfg of the Baron 58:

light.8 = 5, .84, 0.0, -1.5, fx_Shockwave_landing_light_small // Shockwave light
light.9 = 5, -1.4, 7.0, .1, fx_Shockwave_landing_light_small // Shockwave light
light.10 = 5, -1.4, -6.8, .1, fx_Shockwave_landing_light_small // Shockwave light

Which one is that taxiing light and what should I edit?

Thanks.

new reply

Return to “A2A Simulations 3D LIGHTS REDUX”