Bonjour.

Turn ON the LIGHTS for Microsoft FS9 / FSX with this all-new version of a great package
new reply
emilio
Airman

Bonjour.

Post by emilio »

Bonjour.

As you can see I am French " nobody is perfect ! ".

I am a new customer of " 3D Redux " for FSX and I want to know if there a french tutorial for install " 3D Lights " on the addons ( PMDG MD-11, Maddog Léonardo, Carenado products, etc, etc...) ?.

I have read the manual PDF but my english is very light and I am affraid to change values in a folder and make some " conneries " (errors).

Is it possible to replace the folder entierely in one time ?.

If there no french tuto, a explication in scolary english is welcome.

Merci beaucoup.

Emilio.

SweetApple_MC
Airman

Re: Bonjour.

Post by SweetApple_MC »

Bon jour Emilio,

sorry, but I better do not continue in French as my french is just good enough to read the label of a good wine... 8)
If you do speak German - this is my mother language and we can do it that way as well.

I am not certain if I got your question right but I hope the following is helpful:

All modifications of 3D lights are done inside the "aircraft.cfg" which you find in
"c:\...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\XXXX" (XXXX = the folder of the aircraft you want to modify).

Before you do anything else, make a backup of the file! If anything goes wrong just write back the original file.

Open "aircraft.cfg" with a text editor.

Scroll to the section called [LIGHTS].

Example:
[LIGHTS]
//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing, 6=taxi
light.0=3, -149.50, -126.00, 1.3, Fx_shockwave_navred, // nav lights - wings
light.1=3, -149.50, 126.00, 1.3, Fx_shockwave_navgre, // nav lights - wings
light.2=2, -149.50, -126.00, 1.3, fx_strobeh, // nav lights - wings
light.3=2, -149.50, 126.00, 1.3, fx_strobeh, // nav lights - wings
light.4=5, -67.20, -18.5, -6.2, Fx_shockwave_landing_light, // landing lights
light.5=5, -67.20, 18.5, -6.2, Fx_shockwave_landing_light, // landing lights
light.6=5, -67.20, -18.5, -6.2, Fx_shockwave_landing_light_light, // landing lights
light.7=5, -67.20, 18.5, -6.2, Fx_shockwave_landing_light_light, // landing lights
light.8=6, -7.6, -1.3, -17.0, Fx_shockwave_landing_light_short, // taxi lights - front gear
light.9=6, -7.6, 1.3, -17.0, Fx_shockwave_landing_light_short, // taxi lights - front gear
light.10=6, -7.6, -1.3, -17.0, Fx_shockwave_landing_light_light, // taxi lights - front gear
light.11=6, -7.6, 1.3, -17.0, Fx_shockwave_landing_light_light, // taxi lights - front gear
light.12=3, -213.5, 0.00, 10.0, fx_navwhih, // nav lights - rear
light.13=2, -213.5, 0.00, 10.0, Fx_shockwave_strobe_l, // nav lights - rear
light.14=2, -102.0, 0.00, -15.8, Fx_shockwave_beaconb, // beacon - belly
light.15=2, -55.0, 0.00, 14.8, Fx_shockwave_beaconh, // beacon - top

Look at the code structure:

light.1=X
Make sure you have a numbering in sequence for every command line:
light.1 - light.2 - light.3 - etc.

The "X" defines the type of light:
1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing, 6=taxi

Example: "light.3=5" means this is the third command line of the [LIGHTS] section and will set a landing light.

-149.50, -126.00, 1.3,
This part of the code defines the static position of the light: front/rear - left/right - up/down
The coordinates are relative to a "zero position" which is defined by the aircraft designer. The coordinate "0" for left/right usually is the center line of the aircraft.

Since you made a backup of the "aircraft.cfg" you can't do anything wrong. Just play with the coordinates:
Start the flight simulator in window mode with the aircraft you want to modify (best option: night time).

Change the numbers, save the "aircraft.cfg", reload the aircraft (no restart of the flight simulator required) and see what happend.

Fx_shockwave_landing_light

This part of the code defines the light effect you want to mount.

// remarks
All information given behind the "//" has no effect on the aircraft and is just for your information. You can add any info you like or just leave it out.

Et voilà - c`est ca.

NOTE:
Do not put lights to flexible parts of the aircraft (e.g. rudders or flexible wings) as all positions given in the [LIGHTS] section are static and will not follow movements. PMDG always has flexible wings which move slightly up and down during flight. Lights positioned via the [LIGHTS] section would be at fixed position under the wings during flight.

I hope this was helpful.

Best regards
SweetAple_MC

new reply

Return to “A2A Simulations 3D LIGHTS REDUX”