Lights way too bright

Turn ON the LIGHTS for Microsoft FS9 / FSX with this all-new version of a great package
new reply
tmansteve
Airman Basic

Lights way too bright

Post by tmansteve »

Is there a way to turn the brightness down on the default planes in FSX so that on final they are not so bright. When waiting for clearance, it looks strange but when viewed from Tower View, they aren't too bad.

Steve

SweetApple_MC
Airman

Re: Lights way too bright

Post by SweetApple_MC »

Hi Steve,

there is no way to reduce brightness of lights by changing "aircraft.cfg" [LIGHTS] section but

reinstalling default lights of those which appear to be too bright (will cause loosing the beautiful effects) or trying shorter beams or lamps defined/marked as "_old" (less bright and a touch of yellow).

The best method should be editing colours of the spots shown in "halo.bmp" (c:\...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\texture\halo.bmp) with a graphic programme.

However: I recommend to keep the original light setup as it looks best on AI-traffic or other (multiplayer) controlled aircraft.

I agree with you: If you get very close to the aircraft, the lights are very bright. But if you look on big birds (causing larger distance of view because of their size), the lights are beautiful.

In my opinion the product's slogan "... what the eye really sees..." does not fit perfect. Better would be: "... what a camera would catch in real world".

I just love the light effects.

Bets regards,
SweetApple_MC

new reply

Return to “A2A Simulations 3D LIGHTS REDUX”