Asynchronous Strobes

Turn ON the LIGHTS for Microsoft FS9 / FSX with this all-new version of a great package
new reply
KillerK
Airman Basic

Asynchronous Strobes

Post by KillerK »

Hey everyone,
There was an effect file around that changed the delay on the strobe lights and I was wondering if the same principle could be applied to the Shockwave strobes. At the moment, my AI aircraft have the effect named "fx_shockwave_strobe_l.fx" assigned as their strobes. At night, the lights all blink at exactly the same time giving it a very unrealistic effect. Is there anyway to perhaps modify that in the .fx file to make them blink more naturally? Also is this allowed? I don't wish to get into any legal troubles for modifying any .fx files that come with the package.

PS: I have the FS9 version of the 3D Lights REDUX.

Tako_Kichi
BDG & A2A

Re: Asynchronous Strobes

Post by Tako_Kichi »

Try using a combination of the following effects....

fx_shockwave_strobe
fx_shockwave_strobe_2
fx_shockwave_strobe_3

'_strobe' is the standard version and '_2' and '_3' have a slightly longer time (respectively) between flashes so the strobes will go out of sync with each other.

They also come as '_l', '_nl' and '_l_nl' versions too. IIRC the '_l' is less bright and the '_nl' casts no light on the aircraft (obviously '_l_nl' is a less bright version that casts no light on the aircraft).

HTH
Larry
E8400 Core2Duo 3 Ghz, 4 Gb DDR2 PC6400 RAM, GTX460 (1 Gb), Realtek HD O/B audio, XP Pro (SP3)
Saitek X52 HOTAS, Saitek Yoke/Throttle, Saitek Rudder Pedals, TIR 5 Pro, LG 22" WS LCD, B-K Gamer

new reply

Return to “A2A Simulations 3D LIGHTS REDUX”