Lighting on the ground is worst than original lights

Turn ON the LIGHTS for Microsoft FS9 / FSX with this all-new version of a great package
new reply
flo1981
Airman Basic

Lighting on the ground is worst than original lights

Post by flo1981 »

hello ,
I just installed 3D Lights redux, nice effects on all airplanes, but I find that the light have not enough power!!
see this screenshot:

Is that normal??

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Lighting on the ground is worst than original lights

Post by Scott - A2A »

3d lights should not have a negative effect on the ground lighting. I've never seen a shot of a plane that does not light up the ground.

In your TEXTURE folder you should have a SPOTLIGHT.BMP file. This is the texture used to light up the runway. The 3DLights installer does not mess with this file.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

flo1981
Airman Basic

Post by flo1981 »

Scott - A2A wrote:3d lights should not have a negative effect on the ground lighting. I've never seen a shot of a plane that does not light up the ground.

In your TEXTURE folder you should have a SPOTLIGHT.BMP file. This is the texture used to light up the runway. The 3DLights installer does not mess with this file.

Scott.
I just checked and I have this file....
So what can be wrong?
That's my problem, the lights doesn't light up the ground anymore...
:x

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

I just don't have even a guess as to what could cause this, but just to be sure I checked the 3dlights installer and it does not mess with this file. You can uninstall lights by running the installer and selecting UNINSTALL, that sets it back to it's exact prior state just to be 100% sure that the installer did not cause this.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Several utilities may change the way that the taxi and landing lights look in game such as Real Environment Extreme and HiFi X Graphic to name but two.

Do you have any other addons, such as those listed above which make environmental changes?
ImageImage
ImageImage

flo1981
Airman Basic

Post by flo1981 »

CodyValkyrie wrote:Several utilities may change the way that the taxi and landing lights look in game such as Real Environment Extreme and HiFi X Graphic to name but two.

Do you have any other addons, such as those listed above which make environmental changes?
No, not yet....
But I will install REX or X Graphic in the future.

So I uninstalled 3D Lights and the problem was still there. After second reinstall again.
An interesting thing: lights of the AI traffic are correct!!! the taxi lights light up the ground!

toddw
Airman Basic

Post by toddw »

Make sure you didn't tilt the landing light up as so it no longer shows on the ground... if you go into your key assignments in FS9/X, under the light commands section you will see the key strokes to manipulate the landing light effect cast on the ground.

If I remember correctly, you use the "shift key" plus the number key pad 8, to tilt the landing lights up, 2, to tilt the landing lights down, 4, to move the landing lights left, 6, to move the landing lights right, and 5, to reset the landing lights to their default position. make sure to have your keyboard "NUM" lock turned on... try hitting "shift+5" first to see if it will reset the landing lights to their proper position.

shift+Num8= tilt up
shift+Num2= tilt down
shift+Num4= move left
shift+Num6= move right
shift_Num5= set landing lights to default position

new reply

Return to “A2A Simulations 3D LIGHTS REDUX”