How to set the position

Turn ON the LIGHTS for Microsoft FS9 / FSX with this all-new version of a great package
new reply
kaluleomorir
Airman Basic

How to set the position

Post by kaluleomorir »

Hi all:
Maybe this questions has been answered before, so sorry for that. Anyway, the question regards on how can I set the position of each light. I took the original aircraft light of the best plane I got in my hangar (Wilco Legacy for FSX) and added the "shockwave_" string for each one of the light. Eventough I need to add the taxi and landing light, but I need to know how to set each position. For FS2004, we had the Aircraft Container Manager 2.3 or 2.5 but for FSX do we have some tool? I cant believe this is trial and correct process.....
Thanks

Tako_Kichi
BDG & A2A

Re: How to set the position

Post by Tako_Kichi »

Unfortunately there is no tool for FSX and it is all done by trial and error (even the developers had to place the default lights by trial and error). However, there are ways of making the task easier and I have written several replies covering the placement of lights. The most recent and possibly easiest to follow can be found here......

http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... 32&t=12748

Once you understand what the numbers represent and have FSX set up with an 'aircraft reload' key combination the task is surprisingly easy and it only takes me about 5-10 minutes in total to add lights to any aircraft now.

Have a look at the info above and if you have any more questions ask away.
Larry
E8400 Core2Duo 3 Ghz, 4 Gb DDR2 PC6400 RAM, GTX460 (1 Gb), Realtek HD O/B audio, XP Pro (SP3)
Saitek X52 HOTAS, Saitek Yoke/Throttle, Saitek Rudder Pedals, TIR 5 Pro, LG 22" WS LCD, B-K Gamer

kaluleomorir
Airman Basic

Post by kaluleomorir »

Thanks for the quick reply Tako_Kichi.
I'll follow the guide and give it a try. It looks like very straightforward.

Another question: the beacon light in the bottom of the plane seams to be inside a black square...how can I get rid of it?

Thanks.

Tako_Kichi
BDG & A2A

Post by Tako_Kichi »

kaluleomorir wrote:Another question: the beacon light in the bottom of the plane seams to be inside a black square...how can I get rid of it?
That sounds like a missing texture. You sure you had a correct install and have not accidentally deleted a file from the 'FSX\Effects\Textures' folder?

You could also try a restart of FSX to see if that clears it if all files are present. I have had some cases where FSX didn't load all the textures for some reason and a restart usually cleared the problem.
Larry
E8400 Core2Duo 3 Ghz, 4 Gb DDR2 PC6400 RAM, GTX460 (1 Gb), Realtek HD O/B audio, XP Pro (SP3)
Saitek X52 HOTAS, Saitek Yoke/Throttle, Saitek Rudder Pedals, TIR 5 Pro, LG 22" WS LCD, B-K Gamer

kaluleomorir
Airman Basic

Post by kaluleomorir »

Thanks again Larry:
Let me tell you is not exactly black, you can see behind the red beacon the shape of a square container. I'll try to get a picture of it.
Have a nice week end.

kaluleomorir
Airman Basic

Post by kaluleomorir »

Everyting went fine with the light positioning. About the black square, it only take place in the Legacy and B737 Wilco Feelthere fleet. Dunno what to do.
Many Thanks fopr your cooperation.

BobF
Airman Basic

Post by BobF »

kaluleomorir wrote:Hi all:
Maybe this questions has been answered before, so sorry for that. Anyway, the question regards on how can I set the position of each light. I took the original aircraft light of the best plane I got in my hangar (Wilco Legacy for FSX) and added the "shockwave_" string for each one of the light. Eventough I need to add the taxi and landing light, but I need to know how to set each position. For FS2004, we had the Aircraft Container Manager 2.3 or 2.5 but for FSX do we have some tool? I cant believe this is trial and correct process.....
Thanks
Hi. Did you ever get the landing lights to work after SP2? Do they shine on the runway? Hanks, Bob.

new reply

Return to “A2A Simulations 3D LIGHTS REDUX”