Beta testers wanted - 3D lights installer

Turn ON the LIGHTS for Microsoft FS9 / FSX with this all-new version of a great package
warbird861
Airman

Re: Beta testers wanted - 3D lights installer

Post by warbird861 »

moggel wrote:Could you expand on that? Which aircraft/flight sim version did you create the 3dl for? Hopefully it's an aircraft I have so I can recreate your situation and investigate. If not, could you please send/publish the aircraft.cfg/panel.cfg and your 3dl file please? Just post the [LIGHTS] section from the aircraft's current aircraft.cfg file and the [VCockpit1] section from one of its panel.cfg files (in case there's more than one).

Cheers

/Jonas
I'll do that tomorrow, I'll have to go to sleep :x But just a small question, is it possible to put many folder paths in to one file. For example, the aerosoft beaver installs something like 8 folders for diffrent models, but they could all use the same light coordinates. I could just use one.3dl file if I can put many folders for the 'path' line.

JDT
Airman

Post by JDT »

I've also noticed that the installer stumbles on some characters in the cfg file and replaces them.

Aérospatiale and © are ones I've noticed so far. They get replaced by a � (I copied and pasted this, to see what it looks like in a cfg, copy and paste it back in using notepad). It shows up as a series of odd symbols in sim, almost like swearing, *?/$ or something. Don't save your cfg afterwards, one of mine has not worked since I tried to fix it, was working before, even with the odd text, only went FUBAR after I tried to fix it, I've probably done something wrong :roll: but just incase.

Jamie

warbird861
Airman

Post by warbird861 »

moggel wrote:
warbird861 wrote:I don't think it's that, because I have made one cfg for testing purposes and it doesn't have any '+' and still it's shown uninstalled everytime I open the installer :?
Could you expand on that? Which aircraft/flight sim version did you create the 3dl for? Hopefully it's an aircraft I have so I can recreate your situation and investigate. If not, could you please send/publish the aircraft.cfg/panel.cfg and your 3dl file please? Just post the [LIGHTS] section from the aircraft's current aircraft.cfg file and the [VCockpit1] section from one of its panel.cfg files (in case there's more than one).

Cheers

/Jonas
It was made for fsx Carenado mooney

Code: Select all

[lights]
light.0 = 3, -2.65, -17.73, 1.73, fx_shockwave_navred	// Shockwave light
light.1 = 3, -2.65, 17.73, 1.73, fx_shockwave_navgre	// Shockwave light
light.2 = 4, -3.22, 0, 1.8, fx_vclightcar	// Shockwave light
light.3 = 2, -2.9, -17.83, 1.7, fx_shockwave_strobe	// Shockwave light
light.4 = 2, -2.9, 17.83, 1.7, fx_shockwave_strobe_2	// Shockwave light
light.5 = 5, 3, 0.6, 0.4, fx_Shockwave_landing_light_small_xenon	// Shockwave light
light.6 = 1, -15.8, 0, 6.8, fx_Shockwave_beacon_rotating_red	// Shockwave light
light.7 = 5, 12, 0.6, -2, fx_Shockwave_landing_light_light	// Shockwave light

[Vcockpit01]
Background_color=0,0,0 
size_mm=512,512
visible=0
pixel_size=1024,1024
texture=$Money_1

gauge00=MooneyM20F!attitude_indicator,  0,0,128,128
gauge01=MooneyM20F!Airspeed Indicator,  128,0,128,128
gauge02=Money20F0!hsi,  256,0,128,128
gauge03=Money20F0!Vsi,  384,0,128,128
gauge04=Money20F0!Turn,  0,128,128,128
gauge05=Money20F0!Altimetro,  128,128,128,128
gauge06=Money20F0!Rpm,  256,128,128,128
gauge07=Money20F1!Vor1,  384,128,128,128
gauge08=Money20F1!Vor2,  0,256,128,128
gauge09=Money20F1!Clock,  128,256,128,128
gauge10=Money20F1!TempAir,  256,256,128,128
gauge11=Money20F0!Succion,  384,256,128,128
gauge12=Money20F0!man,  0,384,128,128
gauge13=Money20F0!amps,  128,384,128,128
gauge14=MooneyM20F!magnetic_compass,  256,  384 ,128,128
gauge15=Money20F1!Adf,  384,384,128,128
gauge16 = shockwave_lights!SW Lights,  1,1,1,1
And the contents of .3dl file

fsversion = FSX
threeDLightsVersion = redux
path = SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado mooney // <-- relative to flight sim's root folder
CATEGORY = (Carenado Mooney)
lights 
{
	light.0 = 3, -2.65, -17.73, 1.73, fx_shockwave_navred
light.1 = 3, -2.65, 17.73, 1.73, fx_shockwave_navgre
light.2 = 4, -3.22, 0, 1.80, fx_vclightcar
light.3 = 2, -2.9, -17.83, 1.7, fx_shockwave_strobe
light.4 = 2, -2.9, 17.83, 1.7, fx_shockwave_strobe_2
light.5 = 5, 3.0, 0.6, 0.4, fx_Shockwave_landing_light_small_xenon
light.6 = 1, -15.8, 0.0, 6.8, fx_Shockwave_beacon_rotating_red
light.7 = 5, 12.0, 0.6, -2.0, fx_Shockwave_landing_light_light
}
gauges
{
	gauge16 = shockwave_lights!SW Lights,  1,1,1,1
}
notice that the installer bugged up and I had to manually move the files to that folder, so the file paht is not default

JDT
Airman

Post by JDT »

JDT wrote:I've also noticed that the installer stumbles on some characters in the cfg file and replaces them.

Aérospatiale and © are ones I've noticed so far. They get replaced by a � (I copied and pasted this, to see what it looks like in a cfg, copy and paste it back in using notepad). It shows up as a series of odd symbols in sim, almost like swearing, *?/$ or something. Don't save your cfg afterwards, one of mine has not worked since I tried to fix it, was working before, even with the odd text, only went FUBAR after I tried to fix it, I've probably done something wrong :roll: but just incase.

Jamie
Another difficulty I have discovered is with Lionhearts Socata, in the cfg it has lots of lines between sections with no '//' comment before them, it causes the installer to not load. The character seems to be '_', try adding a few in a cfg you have between sections to see the error message I get. Wouldn't C'n'P, sorry. These lines seem to cause the Sim no problem, but do for the installer. There are two versions, I edited the first with Aircraft container manager, and the light entries are the same for both, so created 3DL files for them both. ACM removed the offending lines from the first which is why the first one worked. I can easily fix it, but others may not be able. Is there any way to get the installer to cope with obscure characters?

RE. the above, I decided to remove the é, as it also caused some grief with ACM, used an e instead, this was not in the original cfg anyway, just something I edited in for authenticity.

Jamie

moggel
Airman

Post by moggel »

warbird861 wrote:...But just a small question, is it possible to put many folder paths in to one file. For example, the aerosoft beaver installs something like 8 folders for diffrent models, but they could all use the same light coordinates. I could just use one.3dl file if I can put many folders for the 'path' line.
Good idea. I'll have a look at that.
JDT wrote:I've also noticed that the installer stumbles on some characters in the cfg file and replaces them.

Aérospatiale and © are ones I've noticed so far. They get replaced by a � (I copied and pasted this, to see what it looks like in a cfg, copy and paste it back in using notepad). It shows up as a series of odd symbols in sim, almost like swearing, *?/$ or something. Don't save your cfg afterwards, one of mine has not worked since I tried to fix it, was working before, even with the odd text, only went FUBAR after I tried to fix it, I've probably done something wrong but just incase. ....

Another difficulty I have discovered is with Lionhearts Socata, in the cfg it has lots of lines between sections with no '//' comment before them, it causes the installer to not load. The character seems to be '_', try adding a few in a cfg you have between sections to see the error message I get. Wouldn't C'n'P, sorry. These lines seem to cause the Sim no problem, but do for the installer. There are two versions, I edited the first with Aircraft container manager, and the light entries are the same for both, so created 3DL files for them both. ACM removed the offending lines from the first which is why the first one worked. I can easily fix it, but others may not be able. Is there any way to get the installer to cope with obscure characters?

RE. the above, I decided to remove the é, as it also caused some grief with ACM, used an e instead, this was not in the original cfg anyway, just something I edited in for authenticity.
Great find. Could you please post the [LIGHTS] sections for these files? While I don't have the models I can probably use the samples to debug the problem.

Cheers

/Jonas

warbird861
Airman

Post by warbird861 »

This happend when I started the installer http://a2asimulations.com/forum/downloa ... iew&id=123

I'll try reinstalling now.
Attachments
SNAG-0004.png
SNAG-0004.png (10.27 KiB) Viewed 4848 times

JDT
Airman

Post by JDT »

Moggul,

mailed the 3dl's and cfg's to you. Hope they help.

Warbird,
I may have had a similar message, can't remember if it was exactly the same text. I had made a 3dl file, and it looked perfect, but for some reason caused an error in the installer, binned the 3dl and made a new one and all was well again.

Might not be the same thing, as I said, can't remember the wording of my error, was just happy to get it fixed.

Jamie

warbird861
Airman

Post by warbird861 »

JDT wrote:Moggul,

Warbird,
I may have had a similar message, can't remember if it was exactly the same text. I had made a 3dl file, and it looked perfect, but for some reason caused an error in the installer, binned the 3dl and made a new one and all was well again.

Might not be the same thing, as I said, can't remember the wording of my error, was just happy to get it fixed.

Jamie
OMG, it was it. I don't know yet what was wrong, but removing the file and no error anymore

moggel
Airman

Post by moggel »

JDT wrote:Moggul,

Thanks Jamie, I'll have a look at them tonight and upload them to the web repository so we can test the auto download feature.
warbird861 wrote:OMG, it was it. I don't know yet what was wrong, but removing the file and no error anymore
Can you (or Jamie) please send me one of the files that caused this problem? I've never seen it myself so they're valuable for debugging the installer.

Cheers

/Jonas

JDT
Airman

Post by JDT »

Jonas,

I dug the offending file outta my trashcan and swapped it back into the installer and started it up. Go figure, it worked fine. I tried to recreate the files I had in the installer and FS9, but no joy, couldn't recreate the error. Sorry to be of no help, lol

Jamie

moggel
Airman

Post by moggel »

JDT wrote:Jonas,

I dug the offending file outta my trashcan and swapped it back into the installer and started it up. Go figure, it worked fine. I tried to recreate the files I had in the installer and FS9, but no joy, couldn't recreate the error. Sorry to be of no help, lol

Jamie
Hehe, guess it's just a case of "'puter goblings" then? :?
Well, please grab the file if/when it happens again.

I've managed to find some time again and the "loading splash screen" is coming along fine now. Also believe I've smashed a few of the bugs we've found so far.

Scott/A2A Simulations have provided us with a central web repository too. Unfortunately I've found a very embarrasing bug in the "repository download code" so my plan is to start using the new repository with the next beta version (hopefully just one or two weeks away).

Keep testing and writing 3DL files guys! :D

Cheers

/Jonas

JDT
Airman

Post by JDT »

I've edited a copy or two of the effects to create custom ones, was wondering if they would be of use? And who would I send them to? Just wondering as I am still creating 3Dl files and it would be nice to add these in....

22 degree rear facing light (used on PA gofast boat)
down 90 vertical light, some helo's (see pic)

Jamie
Attachments
AlphaSim Seaking with vertical light.
AlphaSim Seaking with vertical light.
lights_333.jpg (56.17 KiB) Viewed 4662 times

moggel
Airman

Post by moggel »

JDT wrote:I've edited a copy or two of the effects to create custom ones, was wondering if they would be of use? And who would I send them to? Just wondering as I am still creating 3Dl files and it would be nice to add these in.... (cut)
The installer app wasn't intended for distributing the actual effects files themselves, just configuration. Assuming Scott and the rest of the A2A crew doesn't mind having their effects files modified and distributed like this (I think we need Scott's input on this one) it's technically doable (not in the upcomfing release tho).

/Jonas

JDT
Airman

Post by JDT »

Jonas,

sorry, didn't mean for them to be part of the installer, just wondered if maybe they could be useful and maybe part of a future update, 1.3 perhaps, no harm in chucking in a few more. I've also made red and green VC lights, normal and large. I was kinda hoping Scott mighta seen this and commented, so far they are just for my own use.

Jamie

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

The main thing we just want to avoid is someone being able to get around the installer and get these 3dlights for free. We kept the price down nice and low so there would be little incentive to pirate this stuff, so perhaps just a simple invisible check to determine that the authentic 3dlights program was installed for this app to run. Does this make sense?

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “A2A Simulations 3D LIGHTS REDUX”