Problem With FSX: Steam Edition - 3D Lights Redux Add-On

Turn ON the LIGHTS for Microsoft FS9 / FSX with this all-new version of a great package
new reply
chopang11
Airman Basic

Problem With FSX: Steam Edition - 3D Lights Redux Add-On

Post by chopang11 »

Hi I just bought this DLC on steam. While I was trying to open the landing light, it closed automatically. I mean that It was suddenly close after I try to open it everytime. The other lights were working. My Operation System is Windows 10.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Problem With FSX: Steam Edition - 3D Lights Redux Add-On

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

can you give us some further information, I'm not sure what you mean you open? Do you mean you open a file? Or you turn on a light in an aircraft, and if so which aircraft?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

chopang11
Airman Basic

Post by chopang11 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

can you give us some further information, I'm not sure what you mean you open? Do you mean you open a file? Or you turn on a light in an aircraft, and if so which aircraft?

thanks,
Lewis
Open the landing light in an aircraft(Ctrl+L, or click on the panel), It happen to all aircraft.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

is this in the day? As the lights by default wont show in the day.

thanks,
Lewis

M@ttyB1971
Airman Basic

Post by M@ttyB1971 »

Hi there
Just to further go into what the OP has said:
When your landing gear is raised the landing lights switch off immediately. when flicking the switch they switch off again straight away. They do not come back on automatically when you lower the landing gear but you have to switch them back on and they stay on but only as long as the gear is down.
Pressing the default light control for the landing lights (Ctrl +L) does not fix this. I have uninstalled your add on and tried and the lights work perfectly. I reinstalled it and they revert to what I have already said. I have done a full scan and file integrity on steam but everything was validated. I also DO have "pilot controls lights " box ticked in the FSX menu in settings.

I would love this little niggle to be worked out as I truly adore the effect you guys have created and makes it so much better.
I fly FSX-SE and have FsPassengers installed too. Unfortunately I have had to either uncheck the light penaly (not realistic) or face fines and docked points. I do love your products as I also have your accu feel (so impressed!!!!).

Yours hopefully Matthew. :roll:

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

M@ttyB1971 wrote:Hi there
Just to further go into what the OP has said:
When your landing gear is raised the landing lights switch off immediately. when flicking the switch they switch off again straight away. They do not come back on automatically when you lower the landing gear but you have to switch them back on and they stay on but only as long as the gear is down.
Pressing the default light control for the landing lights (Ctrl +L) does not fix this. I have uninstalled your add on and tried and the lights work perfectly. I reinstalled it and they revert to what I have already said. I have done a full scan and file integrity on steam but everything was validated. I also DO have "pilot controls lights " box ticked in the FSX menu in settings.

I would love this little niggle to be worked out as I truly adore the effect you guys have created and makes it so much better.
I fly FSX-SE and have FsPassengers installed too. Unfortunately I have had to either uncheck the light penaly (not realistic) or face fines and docked points. I do love your products as I also have your accu feel (so impressed!!!!).

Yours hopefully Matthew. :roll:
Hello,

by default the lights will go out as the lights are attached to the gear for various aircraft and FSX itself doesn't have separate lights by default for this situation, so the lights turn off otherwise you would have light beans pointing in which ever direction the lights shine. To get around this limitation the add-on software comes will an update that can be run to change this behavior. I'll ask Dovetail how they are coming with adding this to the Steam DLC version.

thanks,
Lewis

M@ttyB1971
Airman Basic

Post by M@ttyB1971 »

Hopefully they will be able to sort it out because like I said in my post, the effects are beautiful. Especially the strobe blinking in flight when you see other planes :o :D On steam it has mostly negative feedback and I think that is purely down to this issue. Apart from one guy who thought it was too bright. HELLO.....they are landing light, they're supposed to be bright.

new reply

Return to “A2A Simulations 3D LIGHTS REDUX”