Bug in Shockwave-FS2004-update-installation

Turn ON the LIGHTS for Microsoft FS9 / FSX with this all-new version of a great package
Dave_M
Airman Basic

Re: Bug in Shockwave-FS2004-update-installation

Post by Dave_M »

I did a bit more testing and unfortunately although the lights now turn on they do not turn off when the gear is raised. I then discovered that deleting the space before percent solved that problem the changed line now reads

Code: Select all

(A:GEAR LEFT POSITION,percent) near 100 !=
I don't know why this would make a difference but it does.

Dave.

Glocke
Airman

Post by Glocke »

Dave,

Please look at your private messages, I'd really like to test your new Shockwave_Lights.cab on my system.

Would you please check, if your changes have any effects on other default planes NOT running on the lights_gear.xml (e.g. Baron 58)? Do their taxi lights got out when the gears are raised?

Thanks a lot of working on this issue.

Best
Glocke

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Dave that space does make a difference. That line looks proper, and using NEAR may very well fix the issue Glocke is experiencing.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Glocke
Airman

Post by Glocke »

IT WORKS, it works, it works! :D :roll: :)

DAVE, you are my personal "hero of the week", bringing this jumble to a happy end. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

You Shockwave folks, since we know now that indeed the lights_gear.xml from the update doesn't work on the FS9-system of certain customers, could some XML-expert from your team EXPLAIN why it works after Dave's changes?

Glocke

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Glocke, I am flattered you see us as experts, but my guess is somehow your system is reading a gear value of less than 100 when the gear is extended (0 = up, 100 = down), thinking the gear is retracting. Adding the NEAR command calculates the nearest integer number, rounding it up.

I never heard back from Saxonian, but using NEAR can do no harm.

Dave, thank you for noticing this.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Dave_M
Airman Basic

Post by Dave_M »

I guess this is a good example of why it is so difficult to develop for flight simulator, everybody's set up is different. I wonder if it is to do with regional settings, I have seen problems in the past with software (not flight sim) and regional settings.

Hopefully that is this problem sorted out.

Dave.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Dave,

Yes, and I appreciate you saying this. This is just one line of code we're discussing. Our Merlin air combat engine has almost one million lines of code. I imaging FSX is about the same or maybe even more. It's amazing these things even run.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

priddy
Airman Basic

Post by priddy »

I too had suffered this problem with the Iris F14 / T45 Goshawk, The light on the undercarriage would flicker (holding the ctrl+l) lights! it worked a couple of times!

This is a suggestion! there is another conflicting light effect such as a vc_light intefering with the landing light.....The reason I know this is because I used the Shockwave rednav (Not _nl)
on the Iris F14, and the reflection from this effect dimmed/dissapeard when the Cockpit (original) vc_lights were in operation. When I removed the vc lights, the Shockwave rednav stayed on?

Just a suggestion? remove the vc lights configuration, just add //// in front of the configuration light/s then try it.

regards
Paul

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Paul, what you describe there is different to what Glocke has experienced. You are experiencing FSX hitting it's built-in limit for HARDWARE lights. This is actual light that lights up objects, like the VC light, a red beacon that lights up the fuse, white flasher, etc. We added the 'nl' to some lights to indicate "no light" just so they could be used just for this purpose.

Just to be clear, that we don't mix these two things up.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Saxonian
Airman Basic

Post by Saxonian »

Hallo Dave, Scott and Glocke

I've got the changed shockwave_light.cab file today via e-mail (Thank You Glocke).
I' ve tested the file and I'm very happy because it works in both planes Learjet and Beech350 very well.

Thank You all very much for Your nice job.

Best regards from Potsdam

Lutz

Jean-Jacques
Airman

Post by Jean-Jacques »

Scott,

I've been reading this exchange of info with much interest because I'm also experiencing this same issue and am pleased to read that a solution has been found. How then does one get an adjusted file which will correct the problem?

Also, the following are unknowns: the true cause behind the issue and how many users of the program are experiencing it. Therefore, a special mention of this issue may be required in future updates if the update includes the new file that some folks will already have while other folks will have the original file which may or may not work for them. Food for thought!

Regards and thanks to those who have laboured over the issue to solve it.

Jean-Jacques

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

I just uploaded an updated util installer here:
http://www.a2asimulations.com/shockwave ... y_v1.2.zip

Scottt.
A2A Simulations Inc.

tomm
Airman

Post by tomm »

Ok I thought it was just me but!... I installed 3d lights in fs9 added to p-51,47,b17,spitfire they only stay on on command on the p-51 in daylight. Work fine with the sun over the horizon on all the rest.any answers

JDT
Airman

Post by JDT »

Thanks chaps,

been having this problem too, have been banging my head and pulling out my hair thinking the problem was at my end, adjusting FS settings, electrical systems in the planes,........, tweaking everything in my quest. After finally exhausting myself, thought, I'll check the forums, BINGO.

I fly FS9.1 in the UK, and the reason I didn't come here sooner? Was trying it on a 3rd party aircraft or two with the same prob and pressumed it was at my end. I haven't even got the stock aircraft installed at the momment, lol.

I will go and try the existing gauge on the defaults as mentioned above, see if I get the same issue, then I'll report back. After that I'll try the update and report on that too. I'm hoping that the V1.2 has the changes mentioned in it, if not, I will adjust manually, report back soon.

fingers crossed,
Jamie

JDT
Airman

Post by JDT »

Okay, tested V1.1 with the two defaults mentioned above and two add-ons I've had troble with. With 'show lights during day' all aircraft failed the test, they flicked on for a split second then went out as described above. Retested with 'hide lights during day' all aircraft passed the test. Lights stayed on at night and flicked off during day.

Retried the same tests above with V1.2 and all aircraft passed both tests. As I wanted the lights to show during the day, this is great, thanks chaps.

Wish I'd checked earlier, lol.
Jamie

new reply

Return to “A2A Simulations 3D LIGHTS REDUX”