Not repairing

A Living Legend
new reply
HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Not repairing

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

So I've recently started flying my b-17 again after a few months off and as I was out of practice i made a rough landing so next flight i checked the maintenance hanger and my payload manager i noticed that one of my gear assembly's was "shot" so i replaced it. After takeoff I was told that it wouldn't go up so I went to get it manually wound up but as it was the assembly that didn't work. I got back on the ground everything was fine i then deleted the file that is the aircraft condition thing and it was fine except I lose my aircraft and engine hours. Then today I had it again and wanted to know if there was a more permanent fix that doesn't get rid of my hours. I will update if I fix it I think it could be because I repaired it before flying not after but hopefully you guys have an answer. Edit- So I've loaded up the flight again and the gear went up maybe this could be fixed in the next accusim update however I can live with it :)
AKA "Memey"

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: Not repairing

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,

Are you saying, that after deleting the .dat file with the aircraft ware and tear and accumulated hours, you had a broken gear again?
Have you tried reinstalling Simconnect?

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Do not delete anything , as this sounds like you broke the undercarraige link pin , which does not show up in the hangar , but will prevent under carraige from being extended or retracted even by hand cranking, simple fix is make sure any other fault that shows in the hangar is fixed , then exit flight , exit sim , reboot sim , reselect aircraft , the link pin should now be fixed , this is a fault that should have shown in the hangar , but A2A over looked the link pin , i hope they include this in a future update.
regards alan. 8)

HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

Thanks guys it's working fine now I just need to remember to repair it after shutdown not before startup :)
AKA "Memey"

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”