Engines smoking

A Living Legend
new reply
Edmeister
Airman

Engines smoking

Post by Edmeister »

Hi guys! Lately it seems that every time i take her up for a flight the engines smoke. Even after I have had her in the
maintenance hanger. I only have about twenty hours flight time on the engines. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. A2A,
this is by far the best plane i have in my "virtual hanger".

Edmeister :)

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Engines smoking

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
What is your oil consumption , and how many hours on the engines , how hard do you push the engines , do you allow proper warm up prior to opening the throttles, how bad are the cowls vibrating , all these things can indicate excesive ware in the engings , even if eveything is in the green at the moment, also what fuel grade are you useing.
regards alan. 8)

A-26Invader
Staff Sergeant

Post by A-26Invader »

If they are smoking like they are on fire (tons of smoke) then you need to check your realism settings and make sure 'auto-mixture' is OFF. Other than that you need to check each engine individually and see if anything is in the yellow or red color. The only other thing I can think of is pressing the smoke key which I think is the letter 'I' on your keyboard.
ImageImageImage

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

Another thought is to make sure you are not using Full Rich mixture. Auto Rich or Auto Lean should be used for most flight operations.

Cheers
Roger
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

Edmeister
Airman

Post by Edmeister »

Come to think of it, the automixture was on. I had been flying two different flights and saving them. At a later date, I would
continue the flight in progress without starting over. After making this post yesterday and reading some other posts I checked
the realism settings and sure enough I had forgotten to uncheck the automixture. I started a new flight everything is working just fine.
No smoke! Rookie mistake. This is the most realistic flight sim I have ever flown! Wow! What a great plane! Thanks for all the good
help! Edmeister :D

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Glad to hear you got it sorted and don't worry it is more often than not the simple things that catch us all out

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”